how to search older articles in the discussion groups?

Recently I started reading Microsoft Discussion Groups in the
web-based newsreader on
http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx

I notice that when I make a search I get only articles written this
year (2004). Does it mean that there are no older articles in the
database, or the search engine does not search them?
It will be useful to see older articles also, especially in the groups
relating to older products (e.g. Windows 2000 or Office 2000).

Is there a way to tell the search engine to search older articles?
If not, then the Google is the only solution to the problem ;-)

-- rpr. /Robert Premuž/

Robert;
Google is the solution for older articles.
AFAIK the Microsoft servers drop them after a period of time.
Google Advanced Groups Search:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Robert Premuz" <rpremuz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Recently I started reading Microsoft Discussion Groups in the
> web-based newsreader on

http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx

> I notice that when I make a search I get only articles written this
> year (2004). Does it mean that there are no older articles in the
> database, or the search engine does not search them?
> It will be useful to see older articles also, especially in the
groups
> relating to older products (e.g. Windows 2000 or Office 2000).
>
> Is there a way to tell the search engine to search older articles?
> If not, then the Google is the only solution to the problem ;-)
>
> -- rpr. /Robert Premuz/

Gordon

> Robert;
> Google is the solution for older articles.
> AFAIK the Microsoft servers drop them after a period of time.

90 days AFAIK.....