Korean to English

July 1, 2004 4:44:43 PM

When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
help!

Thank You
Clueless

More about : korean english

Anonymous
July 1, 2004 7:27:59 PM

Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
and create a dual-boot configuration.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
http://www.worldlanguage.com/

A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

| When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
| computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
| is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
| way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
| help!
|
| Thank You
| Clueless
July 1, 2004 8:45:43 PM

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
news:o iXUmn6XEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

Carey, you dimwitted numbnut!

Do you ever f&*king read the post other than just reacting to words in the
subject line??

You are the biggest moron here, and you answer does nothing that pertains to
the person's question in any sense!! Here is her question:

"The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
| is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
| way I can translate it into english?"

She doesn't need a Korean OS (it is obvious she doesn't understand Korean,
so you suggest that she she purchase and install an OS she doesn't
undertand, you dork!)

You then give a link that provides WIndows XP OSes in different languages,
my comment applies the same as the previous!

You then offer PT8, and she never mentioned the need to partition a drive,
you idiot! Give it up Carey, you have to be the most useless MVP I have ever
encountered here, as you don't read, SHE ONLY NEEDED A TRANSLATION OF
KOREAN!
Related resources
July 1, 2004 8:49:16 PM

> "Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com> wrote in message:
>
> | When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
> | computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
> | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
> | way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
> | help!
> |
> | Thank You
> | Clueless

Hi Mandy,

There are translating programs you can purchase, but you have to decide
whether making such a buy is really needed, by how much you use the Korean
based PC?

Here is alink that can help somewhat http://www.systransoft.com/

YOu then choose in the drop box on the top right, to choose "Korean to
English" translation, and copy the Korean text to main box, and click
translate. I am unsure how well that works, because these venues typically
translate literally.
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 9:00:13 PM

Tom;
It really does not show well of you that you feel the need to call
names to get your point across.
Name calling really tells more of the person calling the names.

Just because you and Carey read a post differently does not mean one
of you is a moron.
Perhaps Carey could have given the same information you have.
However you seem to have assumed Carey is wrong, and that is another
part of your shortcoming.

You should also look at the links again, if you only saw Korean
Windows XP, you missed a lot, especially the other option on that
link.
You appear to be at least as guilty as you make Carey to be since you
missed data on the links.

An attitude like you just showed does nothing constructive for this
community
Unfortunately it is destructive as it has the habit of stifling
productive interaction.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

"Tom" <no-way@not-here.com> wrote in message

> "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:o iXUmn6XEHA.712@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>
> Carey, you dimwitted numbnut!
>
> Do you ever f&*king read the post other than just reacting to words
in the
> subject line??
>
> You are the biggest moron here, and you answer does nothing that
pertains to
> the person's question in any sense!! Here is her question:
>
> "The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
> | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
> | way I can translate it into english?"
>
> She doesn't need a Korean OS (it is obvious she doesn't understand
Korean,
> so you suggest that she she purchase and install an OS she doesn't
> undertand, you dork!)
>
> You then give a link that provides WIndows XP OSes in different
languages,
> my comment applies the same as the previous!
>
> You then offer PT8, and she never mentioned the need to partition a
drive,
> you idiot! Give it up Carey, you have to be the most useless MVP I
have ever
> encountered here, as you don't read, SHE ONLY NEEDED A TRANSLATION
OF
> KOREAN!
Anonymous
July 1, 2004 9:35:21 PM

What a stupid response!!

It is obvious the original poster, when using the word 'translate', was
really askinh how to run XP in English. Carey's response was correct; yours,
as usual, was off base.

--
David Nimon
dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

> > "Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com> wrote in message:
> >
> > | When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
> > | computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
> > | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
> > | way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
> > | help!
> > |
> > | Thank You
> > | Clueless
>
> Hi Mandy,
>
> There are translating programs you can purchase, but you have to decide
> whether making such a buy is really needed, by how much you use the Korean
> based PC?
>
> Here is alink that can help somewhat http://www.systransoft.com/
>
> YOu then choose in the drop box on the top right, to choose "Korean to
> English" translation, and copy the Korean text to main box, and click
> translate. I am unsure how well that works, because these venues typically
> translate literally.

July 1, 2004 10:14:35 PM

"David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> What a stupid response!!
>
> It is obvious the original poster, when using the word 'translate', was
> really askinh how to run XP in English. Carey's response was correct;
> yours,
> as usual, was off base.

"As usual", like you know me, you idiot!

Define translate, as opposed to needing a system in a totally different
language. Why in the f*&k would she need a English OS in Windows, when she
clearly indicates she doesn't understand Korean? Why would she want to pay
for a $200 OS for another's PC??? You are really a stupid!

Feel free to s&ck Carey off as much as you want, but you're off base (as
usual)!
July 2, 2004 1:31:01 AM

This reply is to everyone who responded to my call for help. I really appreciated all the advice and suggestions! Honestly it helped! Please there is no need to call anyone names. All that matters is that someone like myself can look foward to receiving help when it is most needed.

Mahalo For Your Support,
Mandy
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 1:59:41 PM

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:43 -0700, "Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
>computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
>is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
>way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
>help!
>
>Thank You
>Clueless

Date another that has WinXp in English!
July 2, 2004 8:38:26 PM

> Tom;
> It really does not show well of you that you feel the need to call
> names to get your point across.
> Name calling really tells more of the person calling the names.
>
> Just because you and Carey read a post differently does not mean one
> of you is a moron.
> Perhaps Carey could have given the same information you have.
> However you seem to have assumed Carey is wrong, and that is another
> part of your shortcoming.
>
> You should also look at the links again, if you only saw Korean
> Windows XP, you missed a lot, especially the other option on that
> link.
> You appear to be at least as guilty as you make Carey to be since you
> missed data on the links.
>
> An attitude like you just showed does nothing constructive for this
> community
> Unfortunately it is destructive as it has the habit of stifling
> productive interaction.

Agreed Jupiter,

But the links Carey provided do nothing to help translate, rather purchasing
options which clearly doesn't help. Again, why would someone need to make an
expensive purchase ($200 for XP, and $69 for PT8 for another's PC? [no
logic?]. Carey has a terrible habit of seeing words in the subject line, and
reacting to it, and he has been called on this many times by many others,
including MVP peers. He winds up posting nothing that helps. The person
clearly wanted to translate the Korean version (which is possible, and
free).

While I may be harsh, Carey never admits fault, he never apologises for his
mistakes, or comes back to make corrections, something I see you and most
other humble MVPs do quite often., even when I am nice, so maybe he should
pay attention to what he really reads before he gets someone to do something
they truly didn't need (like purchases for example). it is bad advice.

Anyway, as a prime example of Carey's read and react style, this is just his
latest example, where the OP corrected (this happens a lot):
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm...

Carey will get my respect when he can admit and revue his own words, and
correct them, or I will as well as others.
!