Korean to English

When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
help!

Thank You
Clueless
9 answers Last reply
More about korean english

    Windows XP is written in specific language versions, therefore one
    cannot change it from one language version to another. You'll need
    to purchase a "Full Version" of Windows XP in the language version
    you desire, reformat your drive and install it "clean".

    Or if you have an available empty drive or partition, you can install
    another "Full Version" of Windows XP in a different language version
    and create a dual-boot configuration.

    Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

    Welcome to WorldLanguage.com!
    http://www.worldlanguage.com/

    A good third-party partitioning program is Partition Magic 8.
    http://www.powerquest.com/partitionmagic/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!

    "Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com> wrote in message:

    | When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
    | computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
    | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
    | way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
    | help!
    |
    | Thank You
    | Clueless

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message

    Carey, you dimwitted numbnut!

    Do you ever f&*king read the post other than just reacting to words in the
    subject line??

    You are the biggest moron here, and you answer does nothing that pertains to
    the person's question in any sense!! Here is her question:

    "The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
    | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
    | way I can translate it into english?"

    She doesn't need a Korean OS (it is obvious she doesn't understand Korean,
    so you suggest that she she purchase and install an OS she doesn't
    undertand, you dork!)

    You then give a link that provides WIndows XP OSes in different languages,
    my comment applies the same as the previous!

    You then offer PT8, and she never mentioned the need to partition a drive,
    you idiot! Give it up Carey, you have to be the most useless MVP I have ever
    encountered here, as you don't read, SHE ONLY NEEDED A TRANSLATION OF
    KOREAN!

    > "Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com> wrote in message:
    >
    > | When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
    > | computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
    > | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
    > | way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
    > | help!
    > |
    > | Thank You
    > | Clueless

    Hi Mandy,

    There are translating programs you can purchase, but you have to decide
    whether making such a buy is really needed, by how much you use the Korean
    based PC?

    Here is alink that can help somewhat http://www.systransoft.com/

    YOu then choose in the drop box on the top right, to choose "Korean to
    English" translation, and copy the Korean text to main box, and click
    translate. I am unsure how well that works, because these venues typically
    translate literally.

    Tom;
    It really does not show well of you that you feel the need to call
    names to get your point across.
    Name calling really tells more of the person calling the names.

    Just because you and Carey read a post differently does not mean one
    of you is a moron.
    Perhaps Carey could have given the same information you have.
    However you seem to have assumed Carey is wrong, and that is another
    part of your shortcoming.

    You should also look at the links again, if you only saw Korean
    Windows XP, you missed a lot, especially the other option on that
    link.
    You appear to be at least as guilty as you make Carey to be since you
    missed data on the links.

    An attitude like you just showed does nothing constructive for this
    community
    Unfortunately it is destructive as it has the habit of stifling
    productive interaction.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Tom" <no-way@not-here.com> wrote in message

    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" <mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    > Carey, you dimwitted numbnut!
    >
    > Do you ever f&*king read the post other than just reacting to words
    in the
    > subject line??
    >
    > You are the biggest moron here, and you answer does nothing that
    pertains to
    > the person's question in any sense!! Here is her question:
    >
    > "The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
    > | is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
    > | way I can translate it into english?"
    >
    > She doesn't need a Korean OS (it is obvious she doesn't understand
    Korean,
    > so you suggest that she she purchase and install an OS she doesn't
    > undertand, you dork!)
    >
    > You then give a link that provides WIndows XP OSes in different
    languages,
    > my comment applies the same as the previous!
    >
    > You then offer PT8, and she never mentioned the need to partition a
    drive,
    > you idiot! Give it up Carey, you have to be the most useless MVP I
    have ever
    > encountered here, as you don't read, SHE ONLY NEEDED A TRANSLATION
    OF
    > KOREAN!

    What a stupid response!!

    It is obvious the original poster, when using the word 'translate', was
    really askinh how to run XP in English. Carey's response was correct; yours,
    as usual, was off base.

    --
    David Nimon
    dnimonREMOVE@##sympatico.ca

    "David Nimon" <dnimonREMOVE@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
    > What a stupid response!!
    >
    > It is obvious the original poster, when using the word 'translate', was
    > really askinh how to run XP in English. Carey's response was correct;
    > yours,
    > as usual, was off base.

    "As usual", like you know me, you idiot!

    Define translate, as opposed to needing a system in a totally different
    language. Why in the f*&k would she need a English OS in Windows, when she
    clearly indicates she doesn't understand Korean? Why would she want to pay
    for a $200 OS for another's PC??? You are really a stupid!

    Feel free to s&ck Carey off as much as you want, but you're off base (as
    usual)!

    This reply is to everyone who responded to my call for help. I really appreciated all the advice and suggestions! Honestly it helped! Please there is no need to call anyone names. All that matters is that someone like myself can look foward to receiving help when it is most needed.

    Mahalo For Your Support,
    Mandy

    On Thu, 1 Jul 2004 12:44:43 -0700, "Mandy" <e_manaka@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >When I go to my boyfriends house, I like to go on to the
    >computer. The problem is, it is all in Korean. His mom
    >is running Windows XP Home Edition Korean. Is there a
    >way I can translate it into english? Please I need Your
    >help!
    >
    >Thank You
    >Clueless

    Date another that has WinXp in English!

    > Tom;
    > It really does not show well of you that you feel the need to call
    > names to get your point across.
    > Name calling really tells more of the person calling the names.
    >
    > Just because you and Carey read a post differently does not mean one
    > of you is a moron.
    > Perhaps Carey could have given the same information you have.
    > However you seem to have assumed Carey is wrong, and that is another
    > part of your shortcoming.
    >
    > You should also look at the links again, if you only saw Korean
    > Windows XP, you missed a lot, especially the other option on that
    > link.
    > You appear to be at least as guilty as you make Carey to be since you
    > missed data on the links.
    >
    > An attitude like you just showed does nothing constructive for this
    > community
    > Unfortunately it is destructive as it has the habit of stifling
    > productive interaction.

    Agreed Jupiter,

    But the links Carey provided do nothing to help translate, rather purchasing
    options which clearly doesn't help. Again, why would someone need to make an
    expensive purchase ($200 for XP, and $69 for PT8 for another's PC? [no
    logic?]. Carey has a terrible habit of seeing words in the subject line, and
    reacting to it, and he has been called on this many times by many others,
    including MVP peers. He winds up posting nothing that helps. The person
    clearly wanted to translate the Korean version (which is possible, and
    free).

    While I may be harsh, Carey never admits fault, he never apologises for his
    mistakes, or comes back to make corrections, something I see you and most
    other humble MVPs do quite often., even when I am nice, so maybe he should
    pay attention to what he really reads before he gets someone to do something
    they truly didn't need (like purchases for example). it is bad advice.

    Anyway, as a prime example of Carey's read and react style, this is just his
    latest example, where the OP corrected (this happens a lot):
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=uVRbLf3XEHA.212%40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

    Carey will get my respect when he can admit and revue his own words, and
    correct them, or I will as well as others.

Computers Microsoft Windows XP