administrator logon added when going into safe mode

using xp home edition, dell computer, 2.5 mos old. i am inquiring general
info regarding a new logon, "administrator" appears on the logon screen when
going into safe mode

why is this created? can you access it without going into safe mode?

i had a problem locating a file, Dc1.dll, norton AV 2004 detected as an
adware item. it gave location of:
C:\Recycler\S-1-5-21-841434637-2603344999-1784572732-500\Dc1.dll

i have 3 users set up on machine.(all have admin privileges). emptied the 3
recycle bins several times, but file kept appearing in norton's scans. i
remembered having to go into safe mode one time, to clean spyware. went into
the newly created administrator logon because i thought i should. in
cleaning, the Dc1.dll file was deleted. it went into "administrator's"
recycle bin. i didn't think to go back into safe mode & log on to the
administrator & check the recycle bin there until recently. i emptied the
recycly bin in admin, & now norton scans clean.

any feedback appreciated. i had posted my problem in this forum:

http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=5376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

thanks, len kiesling
1 answer Last reply
More about administrator logon added safe mode

    Leonard;
    That is the Default Administrator and has always been there.

    With retail Windows XP, the Administrator account is visible until
    another account is created.
    OEMs sometimes do it differently so it may be hidden from the
    beginning.

    Sometimes as you found out, it may be a good idea to use the
    Administrator in Safe Mode.

    --
    Jupiter Jones [MVP]
    http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/

    "Leonard F Kiesling" <lenny323@optonline-removetoreply-.net> wrote in
    message news:emHeRz8XEHA.3520@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > using xp home edition, dell computer, 2.5 mos old. i am inquiring
    general
    > info regarding a new logon, "administrator" appears on the logon
    screen when
    > going into safe mode
    >
    > why is this created? can you access it without going into safe
    mode?

    > i had a problem locating a file, Dc1.dll, norton AV 2004 detected as
    an
    > adware item. it gave location of:
    > C:\Recycler\S-1-5-21-841434637-2603344999-1784572732-500\Dc1.dll
    >
    > i have 3 users set up on machine.(all have admin privileges).
    emptied the 3
    > recycle bins several times, but file kept appearing in norton's
    scans. i
    > remembered having to go into safe mode one time, to clean spyware.
    went into
    > the newly created administrator logon because i thought i should. in
    > cleaning, the Dc1.dll file was deleted. it went into
    "administrator's"
    > recycle bin. i didn't think to go back into safe mode & log on to
    the
    > administrator & check the recycle bin there until recently. i
    emptied the
    > recycly bin in admin, & now norton scans clean.
    >
    > any feedback appreciated. i had posted my problem in this forum:

    http://forum.aumha.org/viewtopic.php?t=5376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

    > thanks, len kiesling

Safe Mode Windows XP