Administrator acoount invisible

July 2, 2004 7:51:02 AM

Hi There,

I created another account in XP Pro, and added it to the Administrators group
when i rebooted, the default Administrator account was no longer viewable, and i am unable to logon as Administrator
How do i make it visible again?
All help greatly appreciated.
July 2, 2004 4:09:12 PM

"lyndaf" <lyndaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> I created another account in XP Pro, and added it to the Administrators
group
> when i rebooted, the default Administrator account was no longer viewable,
and i am unable to logon as Administrator
> How do i make it visible again?
> All help greatly appreciated.

At the Welcome Screen press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. Log in as Administrator.

BTW, it is NOT a good plan to use the built-in Administrator account on a
daily basis. Keep this account for emergencies such as your daily log-in
going belly up.
Anonymous
July 2, 2004 4:09:13 PM

Thanks Gordon

"Gordon" wrote:

> "lyndaf" <lyndaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi There,
> >
> > I created another account in XP Pro, and added it to the Administrators
> group
> > when i rebooted, the default Administrator account was no longer viewable,
> and i am unable to logon as Administrator
> > How do i make it visible again?
> > All help greatly appreciated.
>
> At the Welcome Screen press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. Log in as Administrator.
>
> BTW, it is NOT a good plan to use the built-in Administrator account on a
> daily basis. Keep this account for emergencies such as your daily log-in
> going belly up.

July 2, 2004 5:52:28 PM

> Thanks Gordon
>

> "Gordon" wrote:
>
> > "lyndaf" <lyndaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi There,
> > >
> > > I created another account in XP Pro, and added it to the
Administrators
> > group
> > > when i rebooted, the default Administrator account was no longer
viewable,
> > and i am unable to logon as Administrator
> > > How do i make it visible again?
> > > All help greatly appreciated.
> >
> > At the Welcome Screen press Ctl-Alt-Del twice. Log in as Administrator.
> >
> > BTW, it is NOT a good plan to use the built-in Administrator account on
> > daily basis. Keep this account for emergencies such as your daily log-in
> > going belly up.

You're welcome!
!