Sign in with
Your question
Closed

WINDOWS VISTA COMPATABILITY ISSUES HELPPPP

Last response: in Video Games
February 11, 2007 3:40:02 PM

i just bought a laptop and it has vista installed it and when i installed diablo 2 lod and try to run it, it says :::This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and this version of Diablo II. This program was created by Blizzard.

and then it asks me to go to blizzard t check for a patch but i cant find any

and it also says windows vista does not support diablo ii
March 21, 2007 5:14:23 AM

Quote:
i just bought a laptop and it has vista installed it and when i installed diablo 2 lod and try to run it, it says :::This problem was caused by a compatibility issue between Windows Vista and this version of Diablo II. This program was created by Blizzard.

and then it asks me to go to blizzard t check for a patch but i cant find any

and it also says windows vista does not support diablo ii

your are screwed your account will expire and all ur duped sojs are gonna poof :) 
June 2, 2007 3:25:11 AM

I had similar problem on my new PC...my new PC has Intel 945G chipset in it...What I did was go to Intel website and i updated drivers for this chipset for graphics. I can now play Diablo II Lord of Destruction on my computer. I still have an issue in that after short time playing i have to exit game and go to task manager to close down game exec or reboot system as for some reason the game seems to hog all available memory, hitting about 80% to 90% usage. after game exec closed drops down to 30% usage. game exec still running after diablo exited. Have not figured this problem yet but at least I can play. Does this help you?
Related resources
June 2, 2007 7:20:57 AM

i have long fixed the issues. running d2 on vista is easy. all you have to do is right click the diablo2 icon and go to run as admininstrator, game plays just fine that wya.
June 7, 2007 4:57:52 PM

Yes I set Game to run as administrator as well...I believe my problem as i mentioned is due it appears to the Intel 945G chipset and/or drivers for same. Anyone having similar problems to my previous posting with 945G chipset running diablo 2 on windows vista and know a fix for the problem ?
June 11, 2007 5:22:06 AM

ahh i tried the administrator thing and it didnt work all it did was make my comp freeze and everytime i open the game either way i do it it keeps saying that compatability error
I WANNA PLAY!!! :'( 
June 11, 2007 9:04:42 PM

First thing to look at is drivers for whatever graphics device your PC has...If graphics card check the manufacturers website see if they have updated drivers for use with Windows Vista...if built in graphics on the chipset your PC has then check with the chipset manufacturers website for updated drivers....
June 16, 2007 5:48:42 AM

my friend has a dell labtop with the intel 945G chipset. He was having the same problem with diablo 2 exp. He is using vista.. anyway we found a way to get it to run smoothly. What you need to do is run the video test.exe it will run through direct3d directdraw glide and 3dfx. then a screen will pop up asking if you want to run diablo 2 in directdraw 3d which it recommends or directdraw 2d. Select directdraw 2d then run diablo2 this should fix the problem it did for him at least
December 13, 2008 6:25:17 PM

Im running Diablo 2 LOD on my machine which has vista, it runs but... i have to have it on the lowest graphic setting, even then it lags. if anybody can help please do,

System Specs:
AMD 64X2 Dual Core 5000+

Vista Home Premium

3gb RAM

and i have no idea what video card i know its a nvidia
Anonymous
February 21, 2009 6:09:52 AM

Click on the diablo 2 shortcut icon dropdown menu----> properties -------> compatability. tick the run in 256 colours box.
April 23, 2009 3:30:40 AM

:bounce:  Please help me....I've come across some hp speakers and trying to get them to work on my windows vista....is this possible to download the hp driver for speakers or would it mess up my laptop..... :bounce: 
April 30, 2009 4:45:56 PM

ok this is how you fix your problem k right click on diablo 2 icon click properties on the top there shold be a compatibility tab click it then click run this program in compatibility mode. got that so far. then click Windows xp service pack 2. tada problem fixed.
September 7, 2009 10:24:50 PM

uhh i tryed that and i didnt work, is there anything ele i can do??
September 16, 2009 8:27:29 PM

vista sounds a load of crap
December 24, 2009 5:10:14 PM

umm im running vista on my laptop and d2 wont play because it says i don't have the play disk in the computer when i do what should i do?
December 26, 2009 6:39:28 AM

I have a laptop that is Windows Vista. I have found that if you use Version 1.07 the game should work fine. I have contacted Blizzard aboud the patches for version 1.12 of Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, but i have not gotten any response as of yet.
March 12, 2010 10:09:26 AM

greekdude123 said:
umm im running vista on my laptop and d2 wont play because it says i don't have the play disk in the computer when i do what should i do?

Just a shot in the dark, perhaps, I dont know maybe im crazy, you should put the disk in the drive when it asks for it.
March 12, 2010 10:11:16 AM

sisterb said:
:bounce:  Please help me....I've come across some hp speakers and trying to get them to work on my windows vista....is this possible to download the hp driver for speakers or would it mess up my laptop..... :bounce: 

the driver would be required for your sound card/on board sound, not your speakers, speakers dont need a driver.
March 12, 2010 5:05:02 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!