Login Popup

I have installed XP many times without running into this. After a reformat
of my hard drive, now when I bootup, I get a popup with my name and asking
for the password. I did not put a password in as I am the only user. I can
click OK and XP boots up fine, but I would like to know how to eliminate
this popup window.

Help is appreciated
Thank You
1 answer Last reply
More about login popup

    Hi Jerry,

    Start/run "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes).

    Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and follow
    the prompts to set up a default logon.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jerry" <jhuffman@triad.rr.com> wrote in message
    > I have installed XP many times without running into this. After a
    reformat
    > of my hard drive, now when I bootup, I get a popup with my name and asking
    > for the password. I did not put a password in as I am the only user. I
    can
    > click OK and XP boots up fine, but I would like to know how to eliminate
    > this popup window.
    >
    > Help is appreciated
    > Thank You

Login Microsoft Windows XP