Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have installed XP many times without running into this. After a reformat
of my hard drive, now when I bootup, I get a popup with my name and asking
for the password. I did not put a password in as I am the only user. I can
click OK and XP boots up fine, but I would like to know how to eliminate
this popup window.

Help is appreciated
Thank You

Hi Jerry,

Start/run "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes).

Uncheck the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok and follow
the prompts to set up a default logon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/