Need serial pinout for HP C5340A Photosmart Camera

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,comp.sys.hp.hardware (More info?)

I had an older (circa '98 or so) HP C5340A "Photosmart" digital camera given
to me, in unknown condition although it does seem to power up and LCD text
display and the flash works.

It has a mini-din8 port on the side, that the online manual says is for
serial communication to a PC. Anybody have a pinout of this port ?

I don't want to spend the $$ to buy a cable until I know the camera is good.
I've got enough parts I could rig a temporary cable to test it with, if I
knew the pinout to get from this Din-8 to a DB9.

Thanks.

- FM -

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"Fred Mau" <fred-dot-mau@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EEyhc.181090$K91.448921@attbi_s02...
> I had an older (circa '98 or so) HP C5340A "Photosmart" digital camera given
> to me, in unknown condition although it does seem to power up and LCD text
> display and the flash works.
>
> It has a mini-din8 port on the side, that the online manual says is for
> serial communication to a PC. Anybody have a pinout of this port ?
>
> I don't want to spend the $$ to buy a cable until I know the camera is good.
> I've got enough parts I could rig a temporary cable to test it with, if I
> knew the pinout to get from this Din-8 to a DB9.
>
> Thanks.

Is the port configured like the "MiniDin-8" shown here:
http://www.mycableshop.com/techarticles/maccables.htm

If so the pinout is here:
http://www.antona.com/apnote/midisrl.htm

Rick

percival

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2002

I also need to construct a cable for the HP Photosmart digital camera I
have. (Model #: C5340A) I haven't tried the cable Rick suggested, but I
doubt it'll work. The Photosmart is for PC and Windows only, it uses
RS-232, not RS-244, and therefore can't have RS-244 pinouts on the mini
DIN 8 side. There's propably no other cable out there that is wired the
same way as this one for this camera. I found pinouts for two EPSON camera
cables that has the same connectors as this cable, but despite both being
Epson their wiring even differs from EACH OTHER!!
IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE who can give us the pinouts for this cable? HP
Photosmart, model C5340A.

Percival

On Wed, 26 May 2004 13:17:54 -0400, "percival" <pburger@media24.com>
wrote:

>neither did that one, what's with this site

There's a few variables in post propogation ranging from the server
configuration itself to how your ISP accesses it.
It could take as long as 5 or 10 minutes for a new posting to appear
on your computer.
Also, if the group is moderated or you are posting through a web
access point it could take 24 hours or more for your post to appear.
Never fear..FWIW, all three of your messages are here, all posted
within 3 minutes.

Patience, grasshopper, patience....