LG4400B Ringer and Vibrator

Hi,

Is there anyway to setup the LG400B to have the ringer and vibrator
activated at the same time?

NO

"Sheldon" <golder@rcn.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there anyway to setup the LG400B to have the ringer and vibrator
>activated at the same time?

Yes. With the phone powered on, open it and press the uppermost side button
repeatedly to increase the ringer volume. Keep increasing it past HIGH and
it will go to a setting of VIB & HIGH.

"Sheldon" <golder@rcn.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Is there anyway to setup the LG400B to have the ringer and vibrator
> activated at the same time?

The Two VX4400 phones I have, when set to VIB & HIGH will vibrate three
times then start ringing.
I do wish mine would "Vibrate AND ring" AT THE SAME TIME.

"Anonymous" <abc@xyz.com> wrote in message
> Yes. With the phone powered on, open it and press the uppermost side
button
> repeatedly to increase the ringer volume. Keep increasing it past HIGH
and
> it will go to a setting of VIB & HIGH.
>

> "Sheldon" <golder@rcn.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there anyway to setup the LG400B to have the ringer and vibrator
> > activated at the same time?

---
This E-Mail Is Virus Free.

Some time around Thu, 6 May 2004 23:40:41 -0500 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named "IMHO" <imho@net.net> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

>The Two VX4400 phones I have, when set to VIB & HIGH will vibrate three
>times then start ringing.
>I do wish mine would "Vibrate AND ring" AT THE SAME TIME.

That would be nice. I had a Motorola it wouldn't do it, my LG doesn't do it. I guess the engineers
over at Nokia have that technology kept in a safe place.

-W

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Double U" <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> wrote in message
> Some time around Thu, 6 May 2004 23:40:41 -0500 (give or take a month),
someone who says they are
> named "IMHO" <imho@net.net> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled
on about:

> >The Two VX4400 phones I have, when set to VIB & HIGH will vibrate three
> >times then start ringing.
> >I do wish mine would "Vibrate AND ring" AT THE SAME TIME.
>
> That would be nice. I had a Motorola it wouldn't do it, my LG doesn't do
it. I guess the engineers
> over at Nokia have that technology kept in a safe place.

I assume they did that so you weren't blasting others with ringtones if you
responded when it vibrated and then it rings in case you miss the vibrate
for some reason. I prefer that idea.

"George" <George@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "Double U" <PleaseSpamMe@myEmail.com> wrote in message
> > Some time around Thu, 6 May 2004 23:40:41 -0500 (give or take a month),
> someone who says they are
> > named "IMHO" <imho@net.net> fired up the tubes on the teletype and
rambled
> on about:
> >
> > >The Two VX4400 phones I have, when set to VIB & HIGH will vibrate three
> > >times then start ringing.
> > >I do wish mine would "Vibrate AND ring" AT THE SAME TIME.
> >
> > That would be nice. I had a Motorola it wouldn't do it, my LG doesn't
do
> it. I guess the engineers
> > over at Nokia have that technology kept in a safe place.
> >
> I assume they did that so you weren't blasting others with ringtones if
you
> responded when it vibrated and then it rings in case you miss the vibrate
> for some reason. I prefer that idea.

If the phone did both at the same time if you are in a noisy environment and
you could not hear the ring you could feel the vibrations.
I set the phone to vibrate when I do not want it to ring but I must keep the
phone where I can feel the vibrations. If I put it in a coat pocket or lay
it down then I miss calls.

---
This E-Mail Is Virus Free.

Some time around Sun, 9 May 2004 08:43:10 -0400 (give or take a month), someone who says they are
named "George" <George@nospam.invalid> fired up the tubes on the teletype and rambled on about:

>I assume they did that so you weren't blasting others with ringtones if you
>responded when it vibrated and then it rings in case you miss the vibrate
>for some reason. I prefer that idea.

I prefer not to miss one or two rings before noticing my phone is ringing. If it vibrates first and
then rings there is a better chance that it will go to voice mail. If I want a vibrate only feature
I will turn that on.

-W