Sign in with
Your question

The Burning Crusade: 30 Days Later

Last response: in Video Games
February 14, 2007 11:42:44 AM

The first expansion to World of Warcraft has been out for a month, and the hardcore fans are pushing into the end-game. TwitchGuru analyzes how the launch went, and how WoW is changed by The Burning Crusade.

More about : burning crusade days

February 15, 2007 12:51:23 PM

I'm not an obsessive player of WoW, but I have been happier than a pig in slop with the expansion. I like the new races, though as always Horde is better with the Blood Elves, and the new Outland content is great. I do really feel badly for those folks who farmed the upper instances incessantly for the "best" gear, only to have greens drop in Outland that were better - oops... :roll:

I was also shocked at how playable it was during the first few days - there were some slowdowns, minor server restarts, and lots of competition for the quest targets in the Blood Elf starting area, but those are pretty minor quibbles when nearly 2.5 million users to live with new content. Don't see offhand how Blizzard could have handled that better. I'm not a fan of monthly fees, but it seems that at least some of our money went to a good use in the expansion development and planning.
!