Masaki

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Hello, please I need some help, I want to upgrade My PC (Athlon 900Mhz) I want to buy a new Procecssor, memory and mainboard (AMD Athlon XP 1.8 or 2)but I don´t know what mainboard is the best option for me, here is my other comoponents configuration and the list of the mainboard avaiable in my country...

-Video Matrox Millenium G450 32MB DDR DH
-Adaptec AHA2940UW UWScsi controller
-3COM Network adapter
-Real Magic Hollywood+ Dxr3 MPEG2 decoder
-Pinnacle Studio DV500+ (I want to replace with Matrox RT2500)
-Yamaha 192D (I will replace with Hercules Game th XP)

Mainboard avaiable in my country:
MSI K7T turbo2
MSI KT3 Ultra
MSI KT3 Ultra ARU
Soyo Dragon
Shuttle AK31
MSI nforce

PD: What do oyu thing about nforce2? Is better than VIA chipset?

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
nForce is a nice chipset, and you wouldn't need a new soundcard with it, because it already has the most powerfull PC soundprocessor available built in!

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>

tersagun

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2001
No, it's not! VIA's are better. They are faster and stable. so why go for the slower?? I don't trust nForces..

"Don't necessarily listen to tersagun,he's been advocating AMD systems,he thinks Intel sucks ass.."

sirdiesel

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2002
Hi masaki where r u from?
I got a MSI KT3 ultra-Aru (with AMD 1800+) it has a raid controller and built in 5.1 sound card with S/Pdif out it is stable. Supports DDR 2700(333Mhz) rams.The price is nice, too. in my country 110$. Then add a 1800+ or 1900+. I'm very happy with my system.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
No, it's not! VIA's are better. They are faster and stable
Ouch! I guess you haven't been around long enough to know Crash' VIA views. Live long and prosper!

AFA your board selection, I have a Soyo Dragon Plus which I have found to be quite nice. Don't consider it unless you can get the Plus, though.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

Spitfire_x86

Splendid
Jun 26, 2002
If you want to use RAID and 5.1 (s/pdif out) sound, but KT3 Ultra-ARU. If you don't need these, then KT3 Ultra.

nForce is better for the highest quality onboard audio.

nForce2 should be better (Audio is same as nForce), but it will also be pricier.