Browser is Very Slow and shows strange behaviour.

Hi All,

I am having att comcast broadband internet connection at home(Gateway
computer with Windows XP OS.).

I have been noticing of late that my browser is really slow. As an example,
when I go to any site, it fetches
the page quickly but at the last minute of fetching the page, it seems to be
doing something. That is what I understand
by the status bar that I see underneath. Also in general , I am feeling my
computer is slow.

Also in yahoo mail, after I compose an email, when I press the send button,
nothing happens. That is ,the mail is not
sent and the nothing happens.

Another thing is that, some times I feel my mouse is not responding properly
..

Did anybody notice the following things? Can you please tell me what is the
reason for these observation or is it
a virus. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.

Thanks,
5 answers Last reply
More about browser slow shows strange behaviour

    Putting your comments in more than one newsgroup is not going to get you an
    answer any faster.

    i used to work for bellsouth dsl and i would definitly download Ad-aware 6.0 from www.microsoft.com/spyware, and try deleting your cookies and cache in IE. i would also download a virus scan specifically for the Blaster worm and Sasser worm.

    "Lakshmi Jagarlapudi" wrote:

    > Hi All,
    >
    > I am having att comcast broadband internet connection at home(Gateway
    > computer with Windows XP OS.).
    >
    > I have been noticing of late that my browser is really slow. As an example,
    > when I go to any site, it fetches
    > the page quickly but at the last minute of fetching the page, it seems to be
    > doing something. That is what I understand
    > by the status bar that I see underneath. Also in general , I am feeling my
    > computer is slow.
    >
    > Also in yahoo mail, after I compose an email, when I press the send button,
    > nothing happens. That is ,the mail is not
    > sent and the nothing happens.
    >
    > Another thing is that, some times I feel my mouse is not responding properly
    > ..
    >
    > Did anybody notice the following things? Can you please tell me what is the
    > reason for these observation or is it
    > a virus. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks,

    Jerry, Your reply is rather pointless and has no value whatsoever.

    > Putting your comments in more than one newsgroup is not going to get you
    an
    > answer any faster.
    >
    > "Lakshmi Jagarlapudi" <jlnarayana@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I am having att comcast broadband internet connection at home(Gateway
    > > computer with Windows XP OS.).
    > >
    > > I have been noticing of late that my browser is really slow. As an
    > example,
    > > when I go to any site, it fetches
    > > the page quickly but at the last minute of fetching the page, it seems
    > be
    > > doing something. That is what I understand
    > > by the status bar that I see underneath. Also in general , I am feeling
    my
    > > computer is slow.
    > >
    > > Also in yahoo mail, after I compose an email, when I press the send
    > button,
    > > nothing happens. That is ,the mail is not
    > > sent and the nothing happens.
    > >
    > > Another thing is that, some times I feel my mouse is not responding
    > properly
    > > .
    > >
    > > Did anybody notice the following things? Can you please tell me what is
    > the
    > > reason for these observation or is it
    > > a virus. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Thanks,

    Says you.

    "kooee" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > Jerry, Your reply is rather pointless and has no value whatsoever.
    >
    > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    > > Putting your comments in more than one newsgroup is not going to get you
    > an
    > > answer any faster.
    > >
    > > "Lakshmi Jagarlapudi" <jlnarayana@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > > > Hi All,
    > > >
    > > > I am having att comcast broadband internet connection at home(Gateway
    > > > computer with Windows XP OS.).
    > > >
    > > > I have been noticing of late that my browser is really slow. As an
    > > example,
    > > > when I go to any site, it fetches
    > > > the page quickly but at the last minute of fetching the page, it seems
    > > be
    > > > doing something. That is what I understand
    > > > by the status bar that I see underneath. Also in general , I am
    feeling
    > my
    > > > computer is slow.
    > > >
    > > > Also in yahoo mail, after I compose an email, when I press the send
    > > button,
    > > > nothing happens. That is ,the mail is not
    > > > sent and the nothing happens.
    > > >
    > > > Another thing is that, some times I feel my mouse is not responding
    > > properly
    > > > .
    > > >
    > > > Did anybody notice the following things? Can you please tell me what
    is
    > > the
    > > > reason for these observation or is it
    > > > a virus. Any suggestions are highly appreciated.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,

    my puter is slow and shuts down at different times 2....somebody always out there always tryin to messya up...it sux

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > Says you.
    >
    > "kooee" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message
    > > Jerry, Your reply is rather pointless and has no value whatsoever.
    > >
    > > "Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
    > > > Putting your comments in more than one newsgroup is not going to get you
    > > an
    > > > answer any faster.
    > > >
    > > > "Lakshmi Jagarlapudi" <jlnarayana@comcast.net> wrote in message

    > > > example,