Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
They released a Date for the US Version which is May [For ppl who didn't know]. Anybody with newer PC's gonna get this? I'd love to run this on the 8800 GTX ^_^

www.armedassault.com

realji1.jpg

bh9.jpg

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Yeh the reason for the delay in being released in the states is because they had to modify the friendly fire aspect of the game as players in America have a much harder time not shooting there own team than the rest of the world do :lol:

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
lmao.

*american accent no1* Hey does that look like an eye racky jeep to you?

*american accent no2* I'm not rightly sure.

*american accent no1* Well hell, lets just fire this here rocket anyway.

------------------

On the topic of the game I've been playing the multiplayer demo. It gives em the same tingly feeling as did the orig opflash but hell, the game is still looking rough around the edges..... I'll have to wait to see how the proper released version goes.

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
lool probably, but the real version why it took long was cause they didn't have any company to grab it :p Atari I think is the one to do it.

I'm just glad its not from EA :D I like the fact that it doesn't have 5+ bullet to kill someone, and if you shoot someone in the legs, they are gonna have hard trouble walking or they they can't walk at all ^_^

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
You can stick that comment up where the sun don’t shine, I like Battle Field 2 and all but ArmA is on a whole new level. It’s the new Operation Flashpoint, the unofficial sequel to one of the most immersive and realistic war games ever made. It’s nothing like Battle Field in the respect that Battle Field is arcadey as hell and you need to shoot someone about 7 times to drop them. In Armed Assault you need only shoot your enemy once and they would die. You cant kill someone by shooting them in the foot either, you shoot your target in the foot then your target drops to the ground and crawls about. The same applies for the player, you need to think tactical in this game or you are simply dead.

This game makes America's Army look as realistic as a game of Mortal Combat when you put both games side by side.

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
As what Cafuddled said. Of course you can always try the Multiplayer Demo at www.armedassault.com THAT IS if your computer can handle it. I suggest not playing this game tho if you've fallen head over heals for the BF series cause this is totally different, more slow based and realistic. You can't just run in like a SWAT team and shoot everything up.

Alot of people don't like this game cause their computers can't handle it, they play in crappy graphics and have a bad gaming experiance. People with the Core 2 Duo's and high geforce 7 series and 8 series will be able to enjoy this game. I mean if BF2, it's so easy to fly a Chopper or try, I can fly a chopper perfect with just the keyboard. In this game, you'd actually get some respect for good flying skills. I havn't been TK'ed yet for a single tank or jeep or anything [BF2, its insane, and usually have 4 ppl waiting for a tank or chopper/jet].

ArmA is gonna be the new war game for 2007.

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Just have to point out that the control method for choppers in Arma is terrible and this is from a fanatic of opflash. The flight controls for the choppers were invented by that mod for 1942 weren't they and then copied in Vietnam and BF2 but regardless it's the best and most intuitive way to fly a chopper by keyboard and it really should have been copied in Arma as well.

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
They have ruined choppers, the best choppers where in that mod ‘Desert Combat’ as you said and the amount of control you had with them was great. By the time I stopped playing that game I was doing barrel roles in ravines and shooting down jets with hell fires. Then EA tried to do it in Vietnam and the controls where absolutely awful then they tried to do the same thing in Battle Field 2 and while they are better than Vietnam they sure as hell aren’t as good as they where back in Desert Combat.

Anyway you just need to master the controls that’s all, but you have to remember the things you can do with choppers in Battle Field would make a chopper in the real world fall apart and plummet to the ground.

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
I'm sure EA will try to make a 1942 now with DX10 and try to Start allll over again lol. Hype about this game is still low cause it hasn't been released in US but i'm sure in may it will be huge like OFP was.

Twisted_Sister

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
I'm sure EA will try to make a 1942 now with DX10 and try to Start allll over again lol. Hype about this game is still low cause it hasn't been released in US but i'm sure in may it will be huge like OFP was.

You know what's funny... I didn't play the org. 1942... so if EA re-released it with maxed out graphics, better gameplay, and some new features & maps... I'd consider buying it.

Maybe you should apply for a marketing job at EA :wink:

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I downlaoded the ArmA demo.. but.. I bought Supreme Commander.. and those bunny hopping mofos, had a twl match the other night, 5v5 infantry bf2, all they did was bunny hop, instinct to them, popping us in the head with a MG while bunny hopping, priceless.

rsiSuper64

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
This game is by far and away the best FPS mil-sim ive ever played. Ive been playing it daily since the day of its release. With a decent rig this game is amazing.

rsiSuper64

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
My gaming system is an AMDX2 4800, 2GB PC3200, dual 7900GT's in SLi. ArmA frame rates rage from upper 20's in the city's to 60's in open areas.

yas

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2006
lmao.

*american accent no1* Hey does that look like an eye racky jeep to you?

*american accent no2* I'm not rightly sure.

*american accent no1* Well hell, lets just fire this here rocket anyway.

------------------

On the topic of the game I've been playing the multiplayer demo. It gives em the same tingly feeling as did the orig opflash but hell, the game is still looking rough around the edges..... I'll have to wait to see how the proper released version goes.

llol

the hell with it, youve pursuaded me to download the demo :?

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Getting alot of complaints regarding bugs for this so far. It doesn't surprise me given it's heritage (I think in the original game they made a 1.4 patch which caused a bug whereby ordinary bullets caused tanks to go flying, was quite funny shooting a tank over a mountain with just an m16).

Main problems are that it's a bit of a resource hog despite not being really all *that* sexy looking and that there are also texture loading issues which I've seen myself in the MP demo.

krisz

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2006
They finally made a US Site: http://www.armedassault.com/us_index.html

Offcial Release Date: May.1st ^_^ It's about time, i might have my new computer by then also :D
I installed the demo of this game last night to try it out. It runs like shite. The graphics looks like crap. It may be realistic but it sure is not fun. Lot of people complaining about STALKER how dated the graphics look this game looks about 5X worse and runs 15X crappier than STALKER.

So if this is realism i'll pass, and stick with BF. At least that is fun to play.

Trunkz_Jr

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2007
lmao, you complain about the graphics then decide to stick to battlefield?

BF2142pcSCRN_EU_Assault_combat.jpg

arma_sfp_d2.jpg

xr_screen_01_1024.jpg

Stalker came out 2007, ArmA, 2006. Graphics aren't 5x worse. You just enjoy run and shoot'em up'erz rather then take your time slowly and work as a term [as you would in real life] To you, thats not fun but to many that want a more military experiance, it's awesome. Not only that, ArmA has 1000x more potential then any of the BF series that has come out. Also, more people hack in BF2/2142 cause they wanna unlock/gain ranks, etc. Type in Youtube 2142 hack and you'll see tons of crap, type in ArmA and theres like what, 1 or 2? Of course your not gonna like ArmA if your use to playing the BF series of fast paced action, your just gonna run in fast and die even faster [Which i bet you did, Especially in Co-op]

P.S: Not to sound like i'm just a ArmA fanboy cause i've been playing alot of BF2 lately and now especially with the new Desert Conflict mod that came out. I won't even touch stalker in terms on Multiplayer lool.. [32 ppl online lool SoF2 has more then that and it had big grapihcs at that time]

rsiSuper64

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2007
They finally made a US Site: http://www.armedassault.com/us_index.html

Offcial Release Date: May.1st ^_^ It's about time, i might have my new computer by then also :D
I installed the demo of this game last night to try it out. It runs like shite. The graphics looks like crap. It may be realistic but it sure is not fun. Lot of people complaining about STALKER how dated the graphics look this game looks about 5X worse and runs 15X crappier than STALKER.

So if this is realism i'll pass, and stick with BF. At least that is fun to play.

Krisz, if you think it runs and looks that bad... all that tells me is you have a crap pc and the patience of a 2 year old. Anyone with a good rig would see how gorgeous this game really looks and plays. Nope, its not a run&gun, bunny hop-fest like you prefer. This game takes skill, patience and practice to do decent in. ArmA is simply one of the best games ive played in a long long time.

TRENDING THREADS