Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Armed Assault - US Version Comming!

Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 18, 2007 3:53:37 AM

They released a Date for the US Version which is May [For ppl who didn't know]. Anybody with newer PC's gonna get this? I'd love to run this on the 8800 GTX ^_^

www.armedassault.com



February 19, 2007 9:01:36 AM

Yeh the reason for the delay in being released in the states is because they had to modify the friendly fire aspect of the game as players in America have a much harder time not shooting there own team than the rest of the world do :lol: 
February 19, 2007 9:05:52 AM

lmao.

*american accent no1* Hey does that look like an eye racky jeep to you?

*american accent no2* I'm not rightly sure.

*american accent no1* Well hell, lets just fire this here rocket anyway.


------------------

On the topic of the game I've been playing the multiplayer demo. It gives em the same tingly feeling as did the orig opflash but hell, the game is still looking rough around the edges..... I'll have to wait to see how the proper released version goes.
Related resources
February 19, 2007 1:17:49 PM

lool probably, but the real version why it took long was cause they didn't have any company to grab it :p  Atari I think is the one to do it.

I'm just glad its not from EA :D  I like the fact that it doesn't have 5+ bullet to kill someone, and if you shoot someone in the legs, they are gonna have hard trouble walking or they they can't walk at all ^_^
February 19, 2007 7:25:03 PM

Like you said, they friendly fire lol

February 20, 2007 10:30:43 AM

So I guess it's a Battlefield clone? Is it more like America's Army or Battlefield?
February 20, 2007 11:18:44 AM

You can stick that comment up where the sun don’t shine, I like Battle Field 2 and all but ArmA is on a whole new level. It’s the new Operation Flashpoint, the unofficial sequel to one of the most immersive and realistic war games ever made. It’s nothing like Battle Field in the respect that Battle Field is arcadey as hell and you need to shoot someone about 7 times to drop them. In Armed Assault you need only shoot your enemy once and they would die. You cant kill someone by shooting them in the foot either, you shoot your target in the foot then your target drops to the ground and crawls about. The same applies for the player, you need to think tactical in this game or you are simply dead.

This game makes America's Army look as realistic as a game of Mortal Combat when you put both games side by side.
February 20, 2007 1:35:52 PM

As what Cafuddled said. Of course you can always try the Multiplayer Demo at www.armedassault.com THAT IS if your computer can handle it. I suggest not playing this game tho if you've fallen head over heals for the BF series cause this is totally different, more slow based and realistic. You can't just run in like a SWAT team and shoot everything up.

Alot of people don't like this game cause their computers can't handle it, they play in crappy graphics and have a bad gaming experiance. People with the Core 2 Duo's and high geforce 7 series and 8 series will be able to enjoy this game. I mean if BF2, it's so easy to fly a Chopper or try, I can fly a chopper perfect with just the keyboard. In this game, you'd actually get some respect for good flying skills. I havn't been TK'ed yet for a single tank or jeep or anything [BF2, its insane, and usually have 4 ppl waiting for a tank or chopper/jet].

ArmA is gonna be the new war game for 2007.
February 21, 2007 7:27:52 AM

Just have to point out that the control method for choppers in Arma is terrible and this is from a fanatic of opflash. The flight controls for the choppers were invented by that mod for 1942 weren't they and then copied in Vietnam and BF2 but regardless it's the best and most intuitive way to fly a chopper by keyboard and it really should have been copied in Arma as well.
February 21, 2007 7:54:15 AM

They have ruined choppers, the best choppers where in that mod ‘Desert Combat’ as you said and the amount of control you had with them was great. By the time I stopped playing that game I was doing barrel roles in ravines and shooting down jets with hell fires. Then EA tried to do it in Vietnam and the controls where absolutely awful then they tried to do the same thing in Battle Field 2 and while they are better than Vietnam they sure as hell aren’t as good as they where back in Desert Combat.

Anyway you just need to master the controls that’s all, but you have to remember the things you can do with choppers in Battle Field would make a chopper in the real world fall apart and plummet to the ground.
February 21, 2007 11:38:44 AM

Especially our Sea Kings.. :p 
February 21, 2007 2:11:30 PM

I'm just glad that you won't be able to see ppl jumping up and down to dodge bullets x_X
February 21, 2007 3:06:02 PM

Ooooh don’t get me started on those bunny hopping little… yeah it is good that you cant jump like a dick head on heat int it :D 
February 22, 2007 5:46:05 PM

I'm sure EA will try to make a 1942 now with DX10 and try to Start allll over again lol. Hype about this game is still low cause it hasn't been released in US but i'm sure in may it will be huge like OFP was.
February 23, 2007 2:43:50 PM

Quote:
I'm sure EA will try to make a 1942 now with DX10 and try to Start allll over again lol. Hype about this game is still low cause it hasn't been released in US but i'm sure in may it will be huge like OFP was.


You know what's funny... I didn't play the org. 1942... so if EA re-released it with maxed out graphics, better gameplay, and some new features & maps... I'd consider buying it.

Maybe you should apply for a marketing job at EA :wink:
February 23, 2007 5:40:12 PM

I downlaoded the ArmA demo.. but.. I bought Supreme Commander.. and those bunny hopping mofos, had a twl match the other night, 5v5 infantry bf2, all they did was bunny hop, instinct to them, popping us in the head with a MG while bunny hopping, priceless.
March 6, 2007 7:53:02 PM

This game is by far and away the best FPS mil-sim ive ever played. Ive been playing it daily since the day of its release. With a decent rig this game is amazing.
March 7, 2007 1:03:39 AM

What specs is your rig rsiSuper64 ?
March 7, 2007 2:40:06 AM

My gaming system is an AMDX2 4800, 2GB PC3200, dual 7900GT's in SLi. ArmA frame rates rage from upper 20's in the city's to 60's in open areas.
March 7, 2007 5:40:54 AM

Quote:
lmao.

*american accent no1* Hey does that look like an eye racky jeep to you?

*american accent no2* I'm not rightly sure.

*american accent no1* Well hell, lets just fire this here rocket anyway.


------------------

On the topic of the game I've been playing the multiplayer demo. It gives em the same tingly feeling as did the orig opflash but hell, the game is still looking rough around the edges..... I'll have to wait to see how the proper released version goes.


llol

the hell with it, youve pursuaded me to download the demo :?
March 7, 2007 9:14:03 AM

Getting alot of complaints regarding bugs for this so far. It doesn't surprise me given it's heritage (I think in the original game they made a 1.4 patch which caused a bug whereby ordinary bullets caused tanks to go flying, was quite funny shooting a tank over a mountain with just an m16).

Main problems are that it's a bit of a resource hog despite not being really all *that* sexy looking and that there are also texture loading issues which I've seen myself in the MP demo.
March 31, 2007 7:39:17 PM

Quote:
They finally made a US Site: http://www.armedassault.com/us_index.html

Offcial Release Date: May.1st ^_^ It's about time, i might have my new computer by then also :D 

I installed the demo of this game last night to try it out. It runs like shite. The graphics looks like crap. It may be realistic but it sure is not fun. Lot of people complaining about STALKER how dated the graphics look this game looks about 5X worse and runs 15X crappier than STALKER.

So if this is realism i'll pass, and stick with BF. At least that is fun to play.
March 31, 2007 8:40:06 PM

lmao, you complain about the graphics then decide to stick to battlefield?





Stalker came out 2007, ArmA, 2006. Graphics aren't 5x worse. You just enjoy run and shoot'em up'erz rather then take your time slowly and work as a term [as you would in real life] To you, thats not fun but to many that want a more military experiance, it's awesome. Not only that, ArmA has 1000x more potential then any of the BF series that has come out. Also, more people hack in BF2/2142 cause they wanna unlock/gain ranks, etc. Type in Youtube 2142 hack and you'll see tons of crap, type in ArmA and theres like what, 1 or 2? Of course your not gonna like ArmA if your use to playing the BF series of fast paced action, your just gonna run in fast and die even faster [Which i bet you did, Especially in Co-op]

P.S: Not to sound like i'm just a ArmA fanboy cause i've been playing alot of BF2 lately and now especially with the new Desert Conflict mod that came out. I won't even touch stalker in terms on Multiplayer lool.. [32 ppl online lool SoF2 has more then that and it had big grapihcs at that time]
March 31, 2007 11:12:35 PM

Quote:
They finally made a US Site: http://www.armedassault.com/us_index.html

Offcial Release Date: May.1st ^_^ It's about time, i might have my new computer by then also :D 

I installed the demo of this game last night to try it out. It runs like shite. The graphics looks like crap. It may be realistic but it sure is not fun. Lot of people complaining about STALKER how dated the graphics look this game looks about 5X worse and runs 15X crappier than STALKER.

So if this is realism i'll pass, and stick with BF. At least that is fun to play.

Krisz, if you think it runs and looks that bad... all that tells me is you have a crap pc and the patience of a 2 year old. Anyone with a good rig would see how gorgeous this game really looks and plays. Nope, its not a run&gun, bunny hop-fest like you prefer. This game takes skill, patience and practice to do decent in. ArmA is simply one of the best games ive played in a long long time.
April 1, 2007 12:18:34 AM

Quote:
They finally made a US Site: http://www.armedassault.com/us_index.html

Offcial Release Date: May.1st ^_^ It's about time, i might have my new computer by then also :D 

I installed the demo of this game last night to try it out. It runs like shite. The graphics looks like crap. It may be realistic but it sure is not fun. Lot of people complaining about STALKER how dated the graphics look this game looks about 5X worse and runs 15X crappier than STALKER.

So if this is realism i'll pass, and stick with BF. At least that is fun to play.

Krisz, if you think it runs and looks that bad... all that tells me is you have a crap pc and the patience of a 2 year old. Anyone with a good rig would see how gorgeous this game really looks and plays. Nope, its not a run&gun, bunny hop-fest like you prefer. This game takes skill, patience and practice to do decent in. ArmA is simply one of the best games ive played in a long long time.

Yeah i have a piece of crap PC and I am 2 years old and started gaming yesterday. I have never played any FPS games before and i am a run and gunner. I only enjoy games where you can run 150miles/hour and kill people without any skills at all. :?

Now maybe since you love realism so much you enjoy running this game with about 2 frames per sec, with crap graphics. If i wanted realism i could have played America Army which is free. I own Operation Flashpoint and that was a fun game at the time it came out with enough realism to keep it fun.
April 1, 2007 1:17:17 AM

I went on to youtube to see some in game videos and i came across this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNPiByHTUp8

After watching it now i am reinstalling the multiplayer demo to give it another shot. :)  Maybe i did not give it enough time the first time to really sink in. I am not looking for another BF clone nothing even close but the game (multiplayer demo)was really running like hell the first time i installed it. That turned me off right away so i did not even give the game a chance.

Maybe the final game is better than the demo i am not sure.
April 1, 2007 1:21:23 AM

Well they changed alot in the last patch. The multiplayer menu is kinda confusing even with the pings i didn't get that at first, but they re-did that, and re-did the ironsights on alot of guns also [M16 was kinda sucky to shoot]. So i wouldn't go by the demo TOO much, tho it's still fun. When i switched my Screen size to 1680x1050 [my LCD Native] the grapics looks very very nice but ofcourse I wasn't able to shoot lol Getting a whole new computer next month ^_^ Also, if you have an IRL friend or a clan, it's very fun playing on Teamspeak together - just gives ya a better experiance. if you wanna play i still have the demo lol
April 1, 2007 1:31:29 AM

Quote:
Well they changed alot in the last patch. The multiplayer menu is kinda confusing even with the pings i didn't get that at first, but they re-did that, and re-did the ironsights on alot of guns also [M16 was kinda sucky to shoot]. So i wouldn't go by the demo TOO much, tho it's still fun. When i switched my Screen size to 1680x1050 [my LCD Native] the grapics looks very very nice but ofcourse I wasn't able to shoot lol Getting a whole new computer next month ^_^ Also, if you have an IRL friend or a clan, it's very fun playing on Teamspeak together - just gives ya a better experiance. if you wanna play i still have the demo lol


If you say i should go by the demo too much what else should i go by than? If it is not out yet in here. Where did you get the game from did you import it? Or you are just playing around with the multiplayer demo?
April 1, 2007 1:47:44 AM

I bought the Czech version when it first came out [You pay online then they send you a link to download it] and then downloaded an english patch to make the words in english [even tho in the 1.05 patch that came out all versions are the same and you can change it from the options now]

Your only allowed 3 installs [to stop pirating i guesss] and I've already used 1. I've recently reformated this computer, and theres no point wasteing another install if im gonna be getting a new computer, so I just play the Demo until then.

http://www.sprocketidea.com/zencart/index.php?main_page...

thats where i bought it from, it's on their main site. Personally, i would buy the Hardcopy of it. I had trouble with the sprocket version, even tho I think it was fixed in the last patch, its just better to have INF installs rather then 3 lol
April 1, 2007 2:01:20 AM

Quote:
I bought the Czech version when it first came out [You pay online then they send you a link to download it] and then downloaded an english patch to make the words in english [even tho in the 1.05 patch that came out all versions are the same and you can change it from the options now]

Your only allowed 3 installs [to stop pirating i guesss] and I've already used 1. I've recently reformated this computer, and theres no point wasteing another install if im gonna be getting a new computer, so I just play the Demo until then.

http://www.sprocketidea.com/zencart/index.php?main_page...

thats where i bought it from, it's on their main site. Personally, i would buy the Hardcopy of it. I had trouble with the sprocket version, even tho I think it was fixed in the last patch, its just better to have INF installs rather then 3 lol


Thanks. I will give the demo another try and see if i get into it this time. If so i will get it from the link you provided here. I wonder what happens after you installed the game 3 times. Then your purchase is gone or can you get any more installs by contacting them kinda like Direct to Drive where you have to activate the game and then you have to contact them if you run out of activations.

I had to do that a few times already since i am constantly changing hardware and need to reformat the hard drive and reinstall stuff. Most of my games are backed up with drive imaging but still i have the odd game that i have to reactivate.

If they dont allow any more activation after 3 than i don't know if it is a good deal to go that way with the download version.
April 1, 2007 3:47:28 AM

I think it depends what kinda hardware you change. But since it comes out in like a month i'd just wait the month anyway cause if you are constantly changeing and reformating, then it wouldn't be worth it, and i don't think you can get it back if you use all 3. I've seen ppl in their forum saying they modded files or something and used up all 3 lol Also, i think that if you try to mess around with it [like hackers do] it messes up your graphics totally and makes it unplayable, i can't rememeber what the protection program its called, something force but atleast it reduces the amount of hackers the game would have. I think i heard EA saying that 70% of the ppl of BF2 hack in a forum, probably less but I wouldn't put it past it.
April 1, 2007 3:51:07 PM

Quote:
I think it depends what kinda hardware you change. But since it comes out in like a month i'd just wait the month anyway cause if you are constantly changeing and reformating, then it wouldn't be worth it, and i don't think you can get it back if you use all 3. I've seen ppl in their forum saying they modded files or something and used up all 3 lol Also, i think that if you try to mess around with it [like hackers do] it messes up your graphics totally and makes it unplayable, i can't rememeber what the protection program its called, something force but atleast it reduces the amount of hackers the game would have. I think i heard EA saying that 70% of the ppl of BF2 hack in a forum, probably less but I wouldn't put it past it.


I played the multiplayer demo last night for a good few hours and it is not so bad as it seemed at first. Not much is going on in the multiplayer demo because the maps are huge and i could not find a decent server where there is more than like 5 people playing. I ended up playing on a map with another guy but pretty much we were just driving around shooting at trees and stuff :) 

I can not remember what game mode it was but i had to hire some guys at the beginning of the game. Than i figured out how to make my hired man drive the vehicle while i could shoot around and that was fun. I wish i could make them drive the helicopter as well. I tried that and it was not overly hard to drive the helicopter but the controls were touchy with the mouse and keyboard. I figured out what the problem was with the graphics why i was getting 2 frames per sec because i had everything set to ultra high in the graphics menu and i guess that was a bit too much. Now everything is set to high and 1600x1200 res, my LCD's native resolution.

Well after complaining about this game i probably end up buying it because it is fun to play ones you get into it. I watched a few videos on youtube about the game and it seems that the AI is acting kind of strange in some situations. Did they fix that behavior or the single player AI is still kind of stupid, and multiplayer is where the action is?
April 1, 2007 4:08:42 PM

Glad to hear you gave it another chance. Id say wait till the US release comes out. Its going to have the next patch (1.06) already installed which will make it an even better looking and performing game. And there are lot of dedi servers out there for players with the full version. I run one of them. Once you play in a huge multi-player battle, you'll never look back. 8)
April 1, 2007 6:24:09 PM

What kinda monitor you got that has 1600x1200 res as the LCD's native resolution, sounds like a pretty good one.

I never did understand how to play that mode with the buying of troops and stuff yet lol. Yeah alot of people like posting the funny glitchs and bugs on youtube but a good amount are fixed in the last patch. I usually just played Co-op and CTF.

I rememeber when playing the full version, i made my mode map where I put a bunch of pilots on a part of a roof kinda like a blackhawk down and all these bad guys are comming to you rather then you go to them and it was pistols only lool it was pretty fun.
April 2, 2007 1:32:44 PM

How do you guys think this game is compared to America's Army? I have to admit so far i was way wrong about this game. I played the demo for an extended period of time over the weekend and i fell in love with this game. I am also getting a TrackIR4 not just for this game but also for the other games i play, because i checked and there are a few of my games supported by TrackIR.
April 2, 2007 4:51:44 PM

Quote:
How do you guys think this game is compared to America's Army? I have to admit so far i was way wrong about this game. I played the demo for an extended period of time over the weekend and i fell in love with this game. I am also getting a TrackIR4 not just for this game but also for the other games i play, because i checked and there are a few of my games supported by TrackIR.


Ah, glad to hear you really gave it a chance and are enjoying it. I take back any mean things I said in the past. :wink: lol So, ok.. i think this game actually has a number of similarities to America's Army, but on a huge scale. I used to play quite a bit of americas army and enjoyed it because of the realistic pace. Meaning how fast or slow your character moved during the game. ArmA is similar to AA but throw in tons of vehicles, aircraft and a battlefield 15 times the size.

One thing to keep in mind about the demo as you play. Thats not EVEN HALF the entire island of Sahrani! The northern part of the island is about 2 times the size of the land mass you're currently playing on. It has mountains, forests and farms spread out over miles.

If you get the chance, check out my ArmA video's ive made.... :twisted:
www.livevideo.com/super64
April 2, 2007 9:06:23 PM

Cool. Now i am all hooked. I am definitely going to get this game. I wish they would release an updated demo and something from the single player. This multiplayer demo is not really the greatest. I like it anyways after playing it for a while.
Cool videos by the way. I liked the sniper one :) 
April 3, 2007 3:08:31 AM

I already have the TrackIR4 Pro. That thing is worth every penny if you enjoy flying and driving games. I can't fly or drive without it now. 8)
April 3, 2007 11:54:21 AM

Quote:
I already have the TrackIR4 Pro. That thing is worth every penny if you enjoy flying and driving games. I can't fly or drive without it now. 8)

How is it for the shooting? The video i posted here earlier makes it look promising but how is it in use?
April 3, 2007 11:39:51 PM

The TrackIR4 works fine if you are playing a Coop game. Where you are moving slow, hunting guards... or AI bots not expecting you. As you noticed in that vid, he was moving through buildings shooting AI who were almost standing still. If you are playing against fast moving, smart human opponents it becomes VERY difficult to use. I dont wear it for ground fighting. Only air and driving.

On another note, ive made a new ArmA video. Hope everyone enjoys.
ArmA: The Anatomy of an Air Strike
April 3, 2007 11:59:51 PM

Quote:
The TrackIR4 works fine if you are playing a Coop game. Where you are moving slow, hunting guards... or AI bots not expecting you. As you noticed in that vid, he was moving through buildings shooting AI who were almost standing still. If you are playing against fast moving, smart human opponents it becomes VERY difficult to use. I dont wear it for ground fighting. Only air and driving.

On another note, ive made a new ArmA video. Hope everyone enjoys.
ArmA: The Anatomy of an Air Strike


That video was awesome. I am kind of puzzled with the TrackIR now. The Canadian distributor's price is much higher than the US one and apperantly for whatever reason the US retailer can not ship to Canada. Now i am a shooter not so much of the vehicle person, especially not helicopter pilot. I am not so talented. I have tried it many times to fly vehicles but i am not that good at it. It is pretty hard with mouse and keyboard.

I am going to get the game for sure but i think the TrackIr has to wait a bit until i decide what i want.

Thanks for the video though it was awesome.
!