What Motherboards for P4 supports PC3000 ?

BigBiggist

Distinguished
May 17, 2002
If you overclock, the non-intel motherboards with the 845E and 845G chipsets. Also the SiS 645 should support if you overclock, it might even if you don't. The SiS 648 'officially' supports it. Also, this one i don't recommend, the Via P4X400 should support it. Some good motherboards to check out are the Abit SR7-8X, Gigabyte 8IGX, 8IEXP, the Asus P4B533-E, P4B533-V, P4S-8X(this isn't out yet), and the Soyo P4S-648 DRAGON Ultra which also isn't out yet. I have also heard good things about MSI and EPoX. Usually it's personal preferance and what you want in the motherboard.

ytka

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2002
actually the price for me doesnt metter for me, i just want to builg powerful pc wit good features. On Abit BG7, with P4 2,5, and i want to install DDR400 (3 modules of 512MB) on there, if it's possible, can you advise me how to do it ?

thx

* CPU not found. Press any key to continue... *

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Well, if money is not a problem, get some PC 1066 RDRAM and a Gigabyte GA-8IHXP! For DDR I usually recommend the Asus P4S533. But now Abit has a 648 chipset board available. SiS chipsets beat Intel's i845 series (the entire series) in performance and have a good track record for reliability, stability, compatability. But like I said, if you're looking for the most powerfull PC with the most features, you'll be looking at the Gigabyte GA-8IHXP and some Kingston PC1066 RDRAM.

<font color=blue>By now you're probably wishing you had asked more questions first!</font color=blue>