explorer view grouped by categories

Hi,

I have recently switched to XP from 2000.

When I view the C drive in explorer (I normally use details view), it
works just like windows 2000 used to do, but when I view the CD drive,
the file list is grouped by whatever it's sorted by.

For instance, if it's ordered by letter then I get a heading "A"
followed by all the files that begin with A, then "B" etc etc. If I
order by type, I get a heading "HTML Documents" followed by a list of
all the HTML documents etc

It didn't used to be like this - it's just started happening. I've
searched all the options screens and help and I can't find a way to
turn it off.

any ideas please

Thanks

Andy

| "Andy Fish" <ajfish@blueyonder.co.uk.INVALID>
| wrote in message news:c925c3dc.0407050325.586832f8@posting.google.com
| <SNIP> when I view the CD drive, the file list is grouped by
| whatever it's sorted by. <SNIP>

See if the following helps. View the CD drive, then on the View menu
point to Arrange Icons by, and then select to remove the check
next to Show in Groups.

For more information search the Windows XP Professional Help and
Support Center for the words " show files and folders in groups"
and read the Full-text Search Match by that title.

"Carrie Garth" <PostInGroup@invalid.cxg> wrote in message
> | "Andy Fish" <ajfish@blueyonder.co.uk.INVALID>
> | wrote in message news:c925c3dc.0407050325.586832f8@posting.google.com
> | <SNIP> when I view the CD drive, the file list is grouped by
> | whatever it's sorted by. <SNIP>
>
> See if the following helps. View the CD drive, then on the View menu
> point to Arrange Icons by, and then select to remove the check
> next to Show in Groups.

D'oh!! - how dumb do I feel now :)

I was looking in all the advanced settings on the folder options pane but I
managed to miss that one.

I did several searches in the help too - but I obviously didn't hit on quite
the right phrase

Thanks

Andy