Removing xp from old than installing it into new computer

How can I uninstall xp from one computer and install it to
a new computer?
3 answers Last reply
More about removing installing computer

    Hi,

    Uninstall is only an option if you upgrade initially (and even then only
    under specific conditions). Generally, removal from the old involves
    formatting or deleting the existing system partition. Only retail versions
    of WinXP are movable from one system to another. Preinstalled or OEM
    versions are generally permanently tied to the system that they were
    installed and activated on.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Armagan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I uninstall xp from one computer and install it to
    > a new computer?

    That would depend on what type of XP CD you have, if XP came preloaded it
    is usually tied to that computer and cannot be moved to another.
    Joan

    Armagan wrote:
    > How can I uninstall xp from one computer and install it to
    > a new computer?

    "Armagan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > How can I uninstall xp from one computer and install it to
    > a new computer?

    Boot with the Windows XP CD in the CDROM drive then work your way through
    the menus until you come to an option to format your hard drive. That will
    remove it.
    Tricia

Computers Microsoft Windows XP