LinkSys WRT54G flashed with bad firmware :-(

Hi,

Stupid I am, I upgraded my Linksys WRT54G V2 (EU) with the firmware made for
USA.

Now the power LED flash non stop and I have no access to the router.

All resets I did give me nothing more.

What to do ?
Is it possible to access the router and restart the flash procedure ?

Thanks

Regards,

Andre
3 answers Last reply
More about linksys wrt54g flashed firmware

    First, you will need one of the executable firmware releases.

    When something like this happened to me some time ago, the solution was to
    switch Windows from a dynamically-assigned IP address to a fixed address in
    the same subnet as the router (e.g. 192.168.1.5), use a subnet mask of
    255.255.255.0, set the gateway to the address of the router (i.e.
    192.168.1.1) and reboot. Then, connect the computer to the router, run the
    firmware upgrade program and provide the address of the router.

    -Yves

    "Andre" <oufti@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Stupid I am, I upgraded my Linksys WRT54G V2 (EU) with the firmware made
    for
    > USA.
    >
    > Now the power LED flash non stop and I have no access to the router.
    >
    > All resets I did give me nothing more.
    >
    > What to do ?
    > Is it possible to access the router and restart the flash procedure ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Andre

    The following links should help.

    http://www.hyperdrive.be/hyperwrt/
    http://docs.sveasoft.com/SV-RecoveringFirmware.html

    Rick

    "Andre" <oufti@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Stupid I am, I upgraded my Linksys WRT54G V2 (EU) with the firmware made
    > for
    > USA.
    >
    > Now the power LED flash non stop and I have no access to the router.
    >
    > All resets I did give me nothing more.
    >
    > What to do ?
    > Is it possible to access the router and restart the flash procedure ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Andre

    Hi friends,

    My WRT54G get back on its feets again.

    Thanks a lot.

    "Andre" <oufti@rocketmail.com> a écrit dans le message de
    > Hi,
    >
    > Stupid I am, I upgraded my Linksys WRT54G V2 (EU) with the firmware made
    for
    > USA.
    >
    > Now the power LED flash non stop and I have no access to the router.
    >
    > All resets I did give me nothing more.
    >
    > What to do ?
    > Is it possible to access the router and restart the flash procedure ?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Andre

Firmware Linksys Wireless Networking