Head mounted displays aware of head position

Should games be nowadays head position aware?

• Yes

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Should have been long ago

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Saddly no technology avaible

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

virtualban

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2007
I don't know if this is the right category for opening such a discussion, I don't know either if this discussion have been opened (probably has) before and been discussed, but please don't flame me. After all there are thousands of topics out there. Let me use your eyes in search for a better place to place this topic or for an existent discussion about this.
What graphics technology and what game producers can do, something that seems has been really missing, real 3D, with head mounted displays that are aware of the position/direction of the head and hands of the player.

VBDude

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
What graphics technology and what game producers can do, something that seems has been really missing, real 3D, with head mounted displays that are aware of the position/direction of the head and hands of the player.
Woh, like using my head as a joystick...and my hands like some phunky Trespasser implements without the crazy finger contortions. That would be like some kinda virtual...reality, or something. :p

BTW, you may not use my eyes.

llama_man

Splendid
Jan 12, 2006
A number of companies have tried head-monuted displays, but they've always struggled with problems of weight and eye-strain.

I imagine once someone manages to resolve those problems, then positional awareness will not be far behind. The Wii proves that that technology already exists.

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
What we need are "dots" or stickers they use on suits for movies, attach them to let's say headset, get a camera thingy, add some programming ingenuity, voila!