one user system

why can't XP just bypass the select the only possible selection screen to log
on ?
Be so much simpler for 'computer automated scripts' to run the computer.
Or where's the toggle to tell the machine there's no one else to run the
machine. logon security is NOT necessary.

Go to Start > Run and type: control userpasswords2 , and hit enter.

How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Husky" <cbminfo@toast.net> wrote in message:

| why can't XP just bypass the select the only possible selection screen to log
| on ?
| Be so much simpler for 'computer automated scripts' to run the computer.
| Or where's the toggle to tell the machine there's no one else to run the
| machine. logon security is NOT necessary.

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 16:52:29 -0500, "Carey Frisch [MVP]"
<mrxp2004@nospamyahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you, any idea on how to make better use of this help system ?
ie: I have gozilla in c:\program files\
that's find, but rather than dig thru the drive it would be nice if I could
stick it under the Internet folder that I added to the all programs section.
I was thinking pin to startup, but I definitely don't need 40 programs pinned
to the start top. under all programs is fine.
I'm looking thru shared, but not sure where to drag the folder it only shows 3
folders pix, docs, and something else. but no startup.