Add/Remove does not show all programs

Hello,
Windows XP Home

All of the sudden all of the add remove programs do not show in the
add/remove programs. It looks like everything from A to N is ok. I can
scroll another page but it is empty. I have reinstalled a couple programs
that is beyond N but they do not show. Also all of the window updates are
gone. They are still in c:\windows. I recently installed a critical
update. I do not remember what it was, but as I remember it was something
about combining updates??? Any ideas how to get the other add/remove's back?
Thanks in advance,

Old Geaser

---
More about remove show programs

    >> A to N is ok

    Check here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\(Application name)

    See what is next to 'N' (or next to where the list stops) and delete that entry (backup and delete)

    See this, from Kelly:

    <quote>
    Are they all missing or the lists stops after a certain listing and white
    space can go on for days? If the latter:

    This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
    here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
    application listed: Start/Run/Regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}

    If your issue involves AutoCad, you can download the fix on line 226 (right
    hand side): http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

    </quote>

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:eYkGc.14767$qw1.2397@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
    Hello,
    Windows XP Home

    All of the sudden all of the add remove programs do not show in the
    add/remove programs. It looks like everything from A to N is ok. I can
    scroll another page but it is empty. I have reinstalled a couple programs
    that is beyond N but they do not show. Also all of the window updates are
    gone. They are still in c:\windows. I recently installed a critical
    update. I do not remember what it was, but as I remember it was something
    about combining updates??? Any ideas how to get the other add/remove's back?
    Thanks in advance,

    Old Geaser

    ---

    This has been my general experience. Some programs when installed do not
    show in the ADD/REMOVE on the control panel. I then look in the program
    folder and see if it has it's uninstaller and if it does, I use that. If
    neither of these situations occur, then I feel it is safe to delete the
    folder where the program was installed.

    I know there are some uninstaller that can be used to remove programs, but I
    have never used them. You may want to check some of them out, using Google
    search engine.

    Good Luck
    >> A to N is ok

    Check here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\(Appl
    ication name)

    See what is next to 'N' (or next to where the list stops) and delete that
    entry (backup and delete)

    See this, from Kelly:

    <quote>
    Are they all missing or the lists stops after a certain listing and white
    space can go on for days? If the latter:

    This is generally due to the DisplayIcon having a negative number. From
    here you can either remove the negative number or remove the last
    application listed: Start/Run/Regedit

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{}

    If your issue involves AutoCad, you can download the fix on line 226 (right
    hand side): http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

    Troubleshooting, Removing and/or Cleaning Add or Remove Programs
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_a.htm#addremove

    </quote>

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    Hello,
    Windows XP Home

    All of the sudden all of the add remove programs do not show in the
    add/remove programs. It looks like everything from A to N is ok. I can
    scroll another page but it is empty. I have reinstalled a couple programs
    that is beyond N but they do not show. Also all of the window updates are
    gone. They are still in c:\windows. I recently installed a critical
    update. I do not remember what it was, but as I remember it was something
    about combining updates??? Any ideas how to get the other add/remove's back?
    Thanks in advance,

    Old Geaser

    ---

    Hi Ramesh and Jerry,

    I found the trouble with the Add / Remove problem. Recently I added a
    Amateur Radio Satellite antenna rotor program. It was the last entry in the
    list. I removed it in the add / remove and now I have all of the programs.
    Funny thing, the antenna rotor program still works. Thanks for everything,

    Old Geaser

    "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Windows XP Home
    >
    > All of the sudden all of the add remove programs do not show in the
    > add/remove programs. It looks like everything from A to N is ok. I can
    > scroll another page but it is empty. I have reinstalled a couple
    programs
    > that is beyond N but they do not show. Also all of the window updates are
    > gone. They are still in c:\windows. I recently installed a critical
    > update. I do not remember what it was, but as I remember it was something
    > about combining updates??? Any ideas how to get the other add/remove's
    back?
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Old Geaser
    >

    > ---

    ---

    Thanks for the feedback, Old Geaser.

    --

    "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:wlzGc.26556$qw1.225@nwrddc01.gnilink.net...
    Hi Ramesh and Jerry,

    I found the trouble with the Add / Remove problem. Recently I added a
    Amateur Radio Satellite antenna rotor program. It was the last entry in the
    list. I removed it in the add / remove and now I have all of the programs.
    Funny thing, the antenna rotor program still works. Thanks for everything,

    Old Geaser

    "Old Geaser" <old.geaser1@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > Windows XP Home
    >
    > All of the sudden all of the add remove programs do not show in the
    > add/remove programs. It looks like everything from A to N is ok. I can
    > scroll another page but it is empty. I have reinstalled a couple
    programs
    > that is beyond N but they do not show. Also all of the window updates are
    > gone. They are still in c:\windows. I recently installed a critical
    > update. I do not remember what it was, but as I remember it was something
    > about combining updates??? Any ideas how to get the other add/remove's
    back?
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Old Geaser
    >

    > ---