HP 5l, 6l companion software

Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work on XP?

--
-------------------------------
remove "smooth" from my yahoo.com address.

    hmc wrote:
    > Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work
    > on XP?

    HP has an XP-compatible driver. The XP native driver is better IMO.
    The original driver and software are not XP-compatible.

    Q,
    Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP site now,
    and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.

    Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl

    --
    -------------------------------

    hmc wrote:
    > Q,
    > Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP site
    > now, and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.
    >
    > Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl
    >

    >> hmc wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work
    >>> on XP?
    >>
    >> HP has an XP-compatible driver. The XP native driver is better IMO.
    >> The original driver and software are not XP-compatible.

    Sorry I wasn't clear and assumed that you knew that this is the generic
    LaserJet 5L/6L. WinXP has the "native" driver which is what I use. The
    driver at the following site purports to be fully XP compatible, but I
    was never able to get a stable installation: http://tinyurl.com/375nv
    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=15005&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=25480&prodTypeId=18972&swEnvOID=228

    hmc wrote:
    > Q,
    > Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP site
    > now, and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.
    >
    > Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl
    >

    >> hmc wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work
    >>> on XP?
    >>
    >> HP has an XP-compatible driver. The XP native driver is better IMO.
    >> The original driver and software are not XP-compatible.

    It's too early in the morning my time--to install the native driver,
    attach the printer, use the add printer wizard in the printer control
    panel.

    Q, I think you misunderstood my original question. I'm looking for the
    driver for the HP 5l/6l COMPANION---the little scanner/copier. It uses a
    different driver (come with its own cd-rom for win95/98) but there is no
    driver that I can find on the HP site.

    --
    -------------------------------

    hmc wrote:
    > Q, I think you misunderstood my original question. I'm looking for the
    > driver for the HP 5l/6l COMPANION---the little scanner/copier. It
    > uses a different driver (come with its own cd-rom for win95/98) but
    > there is no driver that I can find on the HP site.
    >

    >> hmc wrote:
    >>> Q,
    >>> Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP
    >>> site now, and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.
    >>>
    >>> Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl

    >> It's too early in the morning my time--to install the native driver,
    >> attach the printer, use the add printer wizard in the printer control
    >> panel.

    Sorry about the confusion. HP lists LaserJet 5L/6L & Companion in some
    of their printer references. Different Companion. Interesting. No,
    the scanner is not XP compatible AFICS. It was originally a Win95
    scanner. HP's updated XP drivers do not go back that far, and I don't
    see it in the XP native scanner drivers list.
    http://www.activewin.com/winxp/winxphclx86.txt

Hewlett Packard Hardware Software Windows XP Computers