HP 5l, 6l companion software

Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work on XP?

--
-------------------------------
remove "smooth" from my yahoo.com address.

hmc wrote:
> Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work
> on XP?

HP has an XP-compatible driver. The XP native driver is better IMO.
The original driver and software are not XP-compatible.

Q,
Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP site now,
and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.

Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl

--
-------------------------------

hmc wrote:
> Q,
> Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP site
> now, and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.
>
> Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl
>

>> hmc wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work
>>> on XP?
>>
>> HP has an XP-compatible driver. The XP native driver is better IMO.
>> The original driver and software are not XP-compatible.

Sorry I wasn't clear and assumed that you knew that this is the generic
LaserJet 5L/6L. WinXP has the "native" driver which is what I use. The
driver at the following site purports to be fully XP compatible, but I
was never able to get a stable installation: http://tinyurl.com/375nv
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?pnameOID=15005&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=25480&prodTypeId=18972&swEnvOID=228

hmc wrote:
> Q,
> Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP site
> now, and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.
>
> Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl
>

>> hmc wrote:
>>> Does anyone know if the software for the 5l, 6l Companion will work
>>> on XP?
>>
>> HP has an XP-compatible driver. The XP native driver is better IMO.
>> The original driver and software are not XP-compatible.

It's too early in the morning my time--to install the native driver,
attach the printer, use the add printer wizard in the printer control
panel.

Q, I think you misunderstood my original question. I'm looking for the
driver for the HP 5l/6l COMPANION---the little scanner/copier. It uses a
different driver (come with its own cd-rom for win95/98) but there is no
driver that I can find on the HP site.

--
-------------------------------

hmc wrote:
> Q, I think you misunderstood my original question. I'm looking for the
> driver for the HP 5l/6l COMPANION---the little scanner/copier. It
> uses a different driver (come with its own cd-rom for win95/98) but
> there is no driver that I can find on the HP site.
>

>> hmc wrote:
>>> Q,
>>> Can you point me to the page to get the XP driver? I'm on the HP
>>> site now, and I can only find one for Win 3.1, 95 and NT 4.0.
>>>
>>> Here's the page I'm on: http://tinyurl.com/2ltsl

>> It's too early in the morning my time--to install the native driver,
>> attach the printer, use the add printer wizard in the printer control
>> panel.

Sorry about the confusion. HP lists LaserJet 5L/6L & Companion in some
of their printer references. Different Companion. Interesting. No,
the scanner is not XP compatible AFICS. It was originally a Win95
scanner. HP's updated XP drivers do not go back that far, and I don't
see it in the XP native scanner drivers list.
http://www.activewin.com/winxp/winxphclx86.txt