a1181899

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2007
Ive been playing FEAR multiplayer lately, and have experienced quite a bit of a lag. It is not related to video settings, as I run the game on the detected settings; and even when I turn the computer and video setting to minimal the lag persists. My ping is great, never over 65, typically hovering between 20-45. Yet during online play I get frequent lag, to the point where the game is irritating to be involved with. I have two seperate virus/spyware scanners, mcaffee and adware, and i frequently scan my system. I use crapcleaner to scan registry, and have no registry issues. Im stumped as far as what would be causing it, if anyone has an ideas or links id appreciate it.

My system spcifications
2.5Ghz AMD 64 X2 4200+
ATI 1950x Pro overclocked from 2.5 to 2.9ghz
2 GB DDR2
600 watt power supply
250GB HDD at 90% free space
Cable internet 100MBS coming through Belkin wireless reciever

Wolfy

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2003
Lag is net related.

Slowdown is system related.

Both the above are different from each other. I'm getting irked by people saying lag for slowdown....

By the by, your ping can be fine and you might still be suffering the effects of choke etc etc. I don't really know much about it but make sure all the needed ports are open on yur firewall and in fact maybe risk running without the firewall just once to see if the problem goes away.

Now if you're talking slowdown rather than lag put all your setting to minimum and work your way up to a playable experience.