microsoft error?

New and a dumb a-- when it comes to a computer. Need
advice on how to keep a pop up saying Microsoft, "we have
created a error and need to close", send or don't send. I
have tried sending and don't send but it keeps popping
up. I can't use the computer for it keeps popping up. How
do I get rid of this?????

Billh

"Everett (Ed) Smith" <amrcntimbr@aol.com> wrote in message
> New and a dumb a-- when it comes to a computer. Need
> advice on how to keep a pop up saying Microsoft, "we have
> created a error and need to close", send or don't send. I
> have tried sending and don't send but it keeps popping
> up. I can't use the computer for it keeps popping up. How
> do I get rid of this?????

Your problem isn't the pop-up, it's what's causing the pop-up. In XP an
application that encounters an error condition it doesn't know what to do
with causes the pop-up to appear to tell you that it has a problem and is
going to have to terminate the application. It also has some data about the
error that it is asking whether you want to send to MS for evaluation.
Presumably, if MS gets a bunch of this problem reported they or the
application developer will create a fix for it.

Study the pop-up more closely for an application name and visit the vendor's
website for possible updates. Unfortuntately, often the problem isn't
totally isolated to one application but how they are interacting with
others.

Billh

Try and clean out the c:\windows\temp folder and also the C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temp
Also clean out your temporary Internet files C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

%user name% = your user folder name

Good luck