sammyboy127

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
On the Tomshardware Website it compares a Gigabyte GA-8IGXP with DDR 333 but I cannot find it on Gigabytes website, only the GA-8IGX? Why? And what is the comparison between RDRAM 1066 and DDR 333 are the close in preformance with the P4?
Some answers would be great.

According to the review, the 845G chipset tests showed that DDR333 CAS 2 would outpace RDRAM 800. It doesn't quit get to the RDRAM 1066, and is no where near the RDRAM 1200 scores.

As no figures were published, we can only assume that it's considered an unfair test, as DDR is only double pumped, where RDRAM is quad pumped.

However, if these statements are accurate, then the affordability of DDR makes the 845G chipset a worthwhile competitor to the P4 with RDRAM.

I too couldn't find anything on the Gigabyte site, and I checked out all the similar mobos (just in case of typos, which was unlikely as they are maintained all through the review) and none were alike.

I can only assume that Gigabyte haven't seen fit to publish this mobo on their site as yet.

<b><font color=blue>~ Gotta question? Tried searching the boards first? Good! Ask away! ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

svol

Champion
Maybe it is the same with some extra onboard features? Some mobo makers don't display those boards on a diffirent page.

My watercooler contains so much water that the moon has influence upon it :eek: .

If you look at the picture of the GXP in the review, versus the picture of the GX, you'll notice that the only real differences are the chipset heatsink and the colouring of the IDE ports etc etc.

Perhaps you're right.

<b><font color=blue>~ Gotta question? Tried searching the boards first? Good! Ask away! ~<font color=blue></b> :wink:

porsche

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2002
Actually, the 8I-GXP USED to be on the Gigabyte website, like 2 weeks ago. They took it off the website!. It's STILL on their Chinese website at:
www.gigabyte.com.cn/products/8igxp.htm
And as for differences, the GXP has IEEE1394 (firewire) and a RAID controller. the GX doesn't. The GXP also has a better Creative labs sound chip. the GX only has a Realtek.

Kill a man, you're a murderer. Kill ten thousand, you're a statesman.

pboone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
Yes, that link shows the GA-81GXP on the Chinese site.

I'm newbie, please forgive dumb questions....

I had decided to go with this motherboard based on Tom's review and some other reviews, but cannot find the board for sale anywhere.

Any ideas why it would have been pulled from the USA site? Is that something that often happens? Is it a likely indicator that there is something wrong with the board or that there aren't enough of them to meet demand?

Also, any ideas on when Part II of the Motherboard article is likely to come out?

Thanks for any thoughts and/or info.

P. Boone

pboone

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
When I go to www.gigabyte.com and click on motherboards, it takes me to www.tigerdirect.com...click on motherboards, and you get a choice of manufacturer....Gigabyte is NOT listed.

Is there another Gigabyte site?

TIA

e_jozo

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2001
To: <e-jozo@inmail.sk>
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 8:50 AM
Subject: RE: Where is GA-8IGXP ??? TE40-51

Dear Sir,

8IGXP is only a test model for media. We are sorry to tell it's not
going to release due to the business issue.
However, we still got other good M/B as the link
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/products/products.htm
The similar function such as IEEE 1394, please refer to 8IEXP
http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/products/8iexp.htm

*******Thank you for supporting Gigabyte products********

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, October 01, 2002 5:53 PM
To: english
Cc: sales@giga-byte.com; Support; support@gbt-tech.co.uk
Subject: Where is GA-8IGXP ???
Importance: High

Hello,

I have read some nice article about tests of MB's on Tom's Hardware
Guide. I wanted to find some more info about GA-8IGXP
http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q3/020722/intel845g-08.html

But I can't find any link to this product on any of your websites!!!
(Only about less featured GA-8IGX) Did you disconnect this nice GA-8IGXP
product???

Thank you for Your answer.
Jozef.