Sign in with
Your question

Anyone pumped for C&C 3?

Last response: in Video Games
February 25, 2007 11:53:30 PM

They say it comes out 3/26. I've been a big fan of the past games. This is looking to be good. :D 

More about : pumped

February 28, 2007 4:14:02 AM

Yeah i am looking foward to it , going to be building a new rig :D  woohoo lalalalala :lol: 
March 2, 2007 5:41:55 PM

I'm excited. I just ordered parts for a new comp. After I build it, the first thing I going to do is download the demo!
Related resources
March 4, 2007 11:26:47 AM

Dude the tiberian wars is awsomest ever love c&c I still have the original of c&c. The blimb flying into what seems to be the WTC is way to weird I think, that is in the opening move of the original C&C
March 4, 2007 7:15:06 PM

Just played around with the demo. It seems like a great game. It's also nice to see a new game that will run decently on an older system.
March 28, 2007 3:29:19 PM

Well it's the release date today for most of y'all, what's everyones thoughts?

I gotta wait 2 more days :'( 
March 28, 2007 8:10:20 PM

Well gamespot gave it a 9.0. (editor's choice)
March 29, 2007 10:46:33 AM

Aye i can see a few sleepless nights coming up, i just hope it has more game-life in it that C&C Generals..
March 29, 2007 4:00:33 PM

Quote:
i just hope it has more game-life in it that C&C Generals..

Yeah I know what you mean, that one hammered the nails in C&Cs coffin for me :(  (And I was a fan of their work from the original dune)
March 29, 2007 7:45:56 PM

I played the Demo already they improved the graphics a lot and you dont need that much of a system for it i cant wait to get it
March 30, 2007 2:03:38 PM

Well i'll be buying it today so should have a decent stint on it this weekend.

C&C Generals was a big dissapointment for me, most of the missions were the same i.e Build big enough army, blow up their base.

Not a patch on the original C&C or original Red Alert those missions were more varied, but from the looks of the cutscenes the story looks better in C&C3 and looks more like the original games so i'll let you know what i think after the weekend :p 
March 30, 2007 7:48:25 PM

Well i like to see C&C Generals like more of a Multiplayer game not so much a solo game But still I enjoyed the solo missions a lot to

I still beat my budys ass in lan partys :lol: 

im not that good there just really bad lol

AMD 64bit X2 4600+
1GB Kit HyperX DDR2 800MHZ Dual Channel
Asus M2R32-MVP AMD 580X CrossFire Chipset+ATI™ SB600
WD 250GB SATAII 16MB buffer
X1900XT 512MB
Lite-On DVD-RW 16x
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1
Logitech X-550 5.1 speaker system

Intel pentium D 2.8GB 800FSB
1GB kit Kingston Valueram 667mhz
Asus P5WDH DELUXE Digital home
WD 250GB SATAII 16MB Buffer
2 ATI X1600XT Crossfired 256MB
Plextor DVD-RW 16x

And ppl think im crazy cause I play alone CoH in my two computers 8O
March 30, 2007 7:57:36 PM

Didn't try it multiplayer. Normally I first play the campaigns, followed by the skirmishes and then only do I play multiplayer. So if the single player part is weak I would advance to the multiplayer. (The only exception being HOMM)
March 31, 2007 12:45:55 AM

Yea man multiplayer rocks in this game I play Fridays via internet with some friends and one game sometimes lasts like 3 hours so you are very entertained we even use team speak to talk crap to each other lol :lol: 

Don’t know how good you are but when playing multiplayer you need to be on your guard from the start, or you can be beaten in less than 5 min I learned that the hard way :x

I play on the USA server usually on the 2 vs 2 selection in the game it self with 3 other friends KaverSoul is my nick in the game
March 31, 2007 8:18:58 PM

Well I think I'll give C&C 3 a try. (specially since they have the babes from galactica :oops:  )
April 2, 2007 12:50:19 PM

Well after giving it a couple of hours of attention i can safely say i'm impressed. It blows Generals out of the water (Pun intended), Visually its very slick and the HD video's are superb.

It's so good to go back to the old style C&C, bring on the expansion pack (s) :p 
April 3, 2007 1:18:59 PM

Quote:
Ï'm so amazed with this game so I created a forum for it :D  Best game ever!

Its got a good few nights of me playing it before i'll second that statement :p  But it does rock.
April 3, 2007 6:46:27 PM

Anybody tried the multi player yet? How well balanced are the races?
April 4, 2007 2:34:51 PM

Not tried multiplayer but i have read on various forums that the Scrin are the most powerful due to their abilities in attacking/defending using air units.
April 5, 2007 1:16:25 PM

hmmmmmmm I think I'll hold out till the multiplayer balancing patches are out then. Thanks for the info.
April 5, 2007 2:44:08 PM

Well maybe I missed something when I played the game, but I found it extremely boring, not least due to the fact that the only viable tactic seems to be Mammoth spamming. Honestly the only thing I like is cheesy movies.
After playing SupCom and Medieval 2 this game is just too light on the content, if I want to play a twitchy game I'll play a shooter.
But thats just me.
April 10, 2007 9:59:11 AM

Hmmm well although most missions can be done by mass producing Mammoths, theres a large number where Mammoths aren't available, plus Mammoths are only for GDI so....

Personally i think it's great, especially considering how poor Generals was in my opinion.
April 10, 2007 6:13:02 PM

has anyone play online yet?

cause Generals gets a lot of lag with more than 2 players I want to kow if they fixed that before I get it, im more in to multiplayer gaming

AMD 64bit X2 4600+
X1900XT 512MB
Lite-On DVD-RW 16x

WD 250GB SATAII 16MB Buffer
Plextor DVD-RW 16x

I wonder if i can crossfire my X1900Xt with one of my X1600XT he he funny =)
April 11, 2007 7:31:35 AM

Man, I've just been playing the GDI campaign for the sake of the cheesy cutscenes and several times I've tried to do the Mammoth missions with other units, I have run into a wall every time, especially with the latter missions (against Scrin), it seems that the best tactic is to hold fort with vehicles supported by the deployed rig while amassing the Mammoths. When you have the critical mass of them (about 9 or 10), u strike and wipe everything out.

On the second last mission against the Nod I have actually tried to use infantry and lost the game, when I tried tanks and APCs I won with ease.

CnC 3 is not half the game Generals was, in gens you actually had 3 distinctly different sides (not carbon copies of each other with cosmetic differences) and infantry was useful at least in base defense (u try taking on a bunker full of rocket soldiers with an Overlord: bunker 1-overlord 0) and Zero Hour was a lot of fun and variety.

I think this game has the "Doom" syndrome: it relied on a base of fans to sell inferior product and like Doom 3 I for one am too bored to finish it.
April 11, 2007 2:24:41 PM

Well it is interesting to see a totally different opinion on the game, and that is why i don't trust reviews :p 

Personally i felt Generals was too repetative but i do feel Zero Hour was a BIG improvement.

I just found too many of the missions on Generals was "Build a base, Blow up Theirs" which is a similar angle to what your finding for C&C3 but i do agree with you when it comes to the latter GDI missions, the Scrin's airforce is just Soooooo powerful, it needs lotsa Base Vehicle defense with Rigs to allow you to build up enough of a force of Mammoths to whack em.

But i still hte majority of missions offer better variety than Generals...
April 12, 2007 12:55:42 AM

Yeah I agree that the majority of missions are better than Generals but the thing is the most fun I had with gens was in skirmish and Gens Challenge in ZH, this game IMO will get boring in skirmish fast.
April 12, 2007 1:46:28 AM

I haven't played this series since Red Alert. So far I'm only playing GDI. The first 3 or 4 missions were pretty easy - even on normal. On difficult it gets a lil tricky - learn the hotkeys for sure. To a point, I'll agree with the mass Mammoth attack but there are times where you need smaller vehicles so you can navigate through the map easier.
I'm playing this on my HP DV9235nr laptop and it runs pretty good unless there's a massive army fighting. but I do have most of the graphic options at medium - at full it was too choppy.
April 12, 2007 3:40:50 PM

Well lucky for you i have the solution for your problem!!!

Sale the game to me for half the prize!!!! :twisted:

he he

that way you wont get bored with it anymore and you still have a few bucks to show for it

what do you say??? (joke :lol:  )

AMD 64bit X2 4600+
X1900XT 512MB
Lite-On DVD-RW 16x

Maxtor 250GB SATAII 16MB Buffer
Plextor DVD-RW 16x

The worst thing of having 2 mid-hi range PC's is that I keep playing 9.99dlls games on them 8O !!!

Got to love the clasics :D  !!
April 13, 2007 4:22:42 AM

I should sell it, hey. Wouldn't be a complete waste.
But seriously the next CnC would have to be revolutionary for me to buy it, I am just too tired of carbon copies of the original with just prettier graphics and when it isn't even better than the previous CnC in gameplay and not much better in graphics (on the plus side: doesn't tax my system at all, all at top candy) you just gotta look elsewhere for your RTS fix, I suggest SupCom and Total War, IMO they currently reign supreme in RTS.
!