Anyone pumped for C&C 3?

Cruton

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
I'm excited. I just ordered parts for a new comp. After I build it, the first thing I going to do is download the demo!

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
Dude the tiberian wars is awsomest ever love c&c I still have the original of c&c. The blimb flying into what seems to be the WTC is way to weird I think, that is in the opening move of the original C&C

grifter33

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2006
Just played around with the demo. It seems like a great game. It's also nice to see a new game that will run decently on an older system.

kaver

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I played the Demo already they improved the graphics a lot and you dont need that much of a system for it i cant wait to get it

TheMuffinMan

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Well i'll be buying it today so should have a decent stint on it this weekend.

C&C Generals was a big dissapointment for me, most of the missions were the same i.e Build big enough army, blow up their base.

Not a patch on the original C&C or original Red Alert those missions were more varied, but from the looks of the cutscenes the story looks better in C&C3 and looks more like the original games so i'll let you know what i think after the weekend :p

kaver

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
Well i like to see C&C Generals like more of a Multiplayer game not so much a solo game But still I enjoyed the solo missions a lot to

I still beat my budys ass in lan partys :lol:

im not that good there just really bad lol

AMD 64bit X2 4600+
1GB Kit HyperX DDR2 800MHZ Dual Channel
Asus M2R32-MVP AMD 580X CrossFire Chipset+ATI™ SB600
WD 250GB SATAII 16MB buffer
X1900XT 512MB
Lite-On DVD-RW 16x
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1
Logitech X-550 5.1 speaker system

Intel pentium D 2.8GB 800FSB
1GB kit Kingston Valueram 667mhz
Asus P5WDH DELUXE Digital home
WD 250GB SATAII 16MB Buffer
2 ATI X1600XT Crossfired 256MB
Plextor DVD-RW 16x

And ppl think im crazy cause I play alone CoH in my two computers 8O

choknuti

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
Didn't try it multiplayer. Normally I first play the campaigns, followed by the skirmishes and then only do I play multiplayer. So if the single player part is weak I would advance to the multiplayer. (The only exception being HOMM)

kaver

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
Yea man multiplayer rocks in this game I play Fridays via internet with some friends and one game sometimes lasts like 3 hours so you are very entertained we even use team speak to talk crap to each other lol :lol:

Don’t know how good you are but when playing multiplayer you need to be on your guard from the start, or you can be beaten in less than 5 min I learned that the hard way :x

I play on the USA server usually on the 2 vs 2 selection in the game it self with 3 other friends KaverSoul is my nick in the game

TheMuffinMan

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Well after giving it a couple of hours of attention i can safely say i'm impressed. It blows Generals out of the water (Pun intended), Visually its very slick and the HD video's are superb.

It's so good to go back to the old style C&C, bring on the expansion pack (s) :p

TheMuffinMan

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Not tried multiplayer but i have read on various forums that the Scrin are the most powerful due to their abilities in attacking/defending using air units.

commie

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Well maybe I missed something when I played the game, but I found it extremely boring, not least due to the fact that the only viable tactic seems to be Mammoth spamming. Honestly the only thing I like is cheesy movies.
After playing SupCom and Medieval 2 this game is just too light on the content, if I want to play a twitchy game I'll play a shooter.
But thats just me.

TheMuffinMan

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Hmmm well although most missions can be done by mass producing Mammoths, theres a large number where Mammoths aren't available, plus Mammoths are only for GDI so....

Personally i think it's great, especially considering how poor Generals was in my opinion.

kaver

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
has anyone play online yet?

cause Generals gets a lot of lag with more than 2 players I want to kow if they fixed that before I get it, im more in to multiplayer gaming

AMD 64bit X2 4600+
1GB Kit HyperX DDR2 800MHZ Dual Channel
Asus M2R32-MVP AMD 580X CrossFire Chipset+ATI™ SB600
WD 250GB SATAII 16MB buffer
X1900XT 512MB
Lite-On DVD-RW 16x
Sound Blaster Audigy 4 7.1
Logitech X-550 5.1 speaker system

Intel pentium D 2.8GB 800FSB
1GB kit Kingston Valueram 667mhz
Asus P5WDH DELUXE Digital home
WD 250GB SATAII 16MB Buffer
2 ATI X1600XT Crossfired 256MB
Plextor DVD-RW 16x

I wonder if i can crossfire my X1900Xt with one of my X1600XT he he funny =)

commie

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
Man, I've just been playing the GDI campaign for the sake of the cheesy cutscenes and several times I've tried to do the Mammoth missions with other units, I have run into a wall every time, especially with the latter missions (against Scrin), it seems that the best tactic is to hold fort with vehicles supported by the deployed rig while amassing the Mammoths. When you have the critical mass of them (about 9 or 10), u strike and wipe everything out.

On the second last mission against the Nod I have actually tried to use infantry and lost the game, when I tried tanks and APCs I won with ease.

CnC 3 is not half the game Generals was, in gens you actually had 3 distinctly different sides (not carbon copies of each other with cosmetic differences) and infantry was useful at least in base defense (u try taking on a bunker full of rocket soldiers with an Overlord: bunker 1-overlord 0) and Zero Hour was a lot of fun and variety.

I think this game has the "Doom" syndrome: it relied on a base of fans to sell inferior product and like Doom 3 I for one am too bored to finish it.