Sign in with
Your question

Is Battle Field 2 Dieing?

Last response: in Video Games
February 26, 2007 8:47:32 PM

I admin 3 BF2 Servers and now as of this last month we can't get them started maby it's just my guild but I hope it has as long a Life as Counter Strike Has.

My Guild Has moved on to Project Reality Mod We have a server for that as well it starts it self. But I don't really like it.

More about : battle field dieing

February 27, 2007 12:09:16 AM

Quote:
I admin 3 BF2 Servers and now as of this last month we can't get them started maby it's just my guild but I hope it has as long a Life as Counter Strike Has.

My Guild Has moved on to Project Reality Mod We have a server for that as well it starts it self. But I don't really like it.

Well for one ive rarely heard clans call themselves guilds for FPS games... just a little side note, take it as you want.

Looks fine to me... Same old same old with EA suckin ballz.
February 27, 2007 7:16:24 AM

I managed a month or so playing BF2 before I realised that it's crap.

EDIT: Oh and it's spelt DYING. Kids today.....
Related resources
February 27, 2007 8:10:26 AM

It’s much better once you get your self in to a clan, but as for Battle Field 2… its kind of getting old hat since 2142 was released. The game is very tactical once you get in clans and can be extremely fun. The problem I think is that you just don’t have the players in your guild/clan to fill those servers with half decent players, thus not attracting any other people to join. Servers unfortunately don’t fill them selves, you need to do or get something to make people want to join.
February 27, 2007 10:49:37 AM

Quote:
I managed a month or so playing BF2 before I realised that it's crap.

EDIT: Oh and it's spelt DYING. Kids today.....

I agree on both counts. But I think we've had this conversation before...
February 27, 2007 11:36:04 AM

Xfire.com

TODAY'S TOP GAMES GAME MINUTES PLAYED
World of Warcraft 2,417,620
Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer 762,943
Counter-Strike Source 659,111
Battlefield 2 302,794
Guild Wars 211,207
Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory 184,050
Silkroad Online 179,285
Counter-Strike 1.6 151,624
Warcraft III - The Frozen Throne 145,475
Call of Duty Multiplayer 101,331

I wouldn't worry.

Battlefield 2142 aain't on the list anymore LOL.
February 27, 2007 1:03:16 PM

Had a little chuckle to my self once I seen those stats, Call Of Duty 2 cant possibly be that high. So I searched for a list that was not based on stats from people that have taken the time to install and constantly run Xfire.

http://archive.gamespy.com/stats/

That’s better, was surprised to see that Half Life is still the most played engine to this day. One thing that’s taken my notice though is that while Battle Field 2142 only has half the amount of servers running when compared to Battle Field 2 it does have a much more dense population when compared to Battle Field 2 as it has two thirds the amount of players.

I guess if your looking at starting up a server and you want to have the best chance of that server becoming populated then your best off running it in 2142.
February 27, 2007 1:25:07 PM

One thing to note is that many foreigners buy budget PCs... so they are about 2-3 years behind in games.

As the high-end gamer from the US, UK, and Japan move on to the next best game... plenty of new budget players have new specs that can finally support older games.

It isn't a total wash, but it help stems off the player attrition. However, the quality of the actual players is somewhat lower.

I still play Starwars Battlefront (original)... the servers are hard to fill (but still do fill up) and the players are mostly fodder. :wink:
February 28, 2007 2:00:35 PM

Quote:

I guess if your looking at starting up a server and you want to have the best chance of that server becoming populated then your best off running it in 2142.

It;s just to bad that the 2142 servers are so damn expensive...
March 3, 2007 2:52:35 AM

I'd disagree BF2142 is fun and they are releasing the Northern strike (EA wants more $$$ in my opinion) which looks like it has potential.

CSS is by far the most fun to play online FPS in my opinion.
March 3, 2007 1:12:47 PM

BF2142 is just so easy, no challenge in the game unless you play ladder, i'm too busy with BF2 TWL, and my clan doesn't want to move to 2142, i'm trying to get them going for Crysis, I don't think it'll work though.
March 4, 2007 2:55:49 PM

My friend’s wife works for EA so I get my Games Free! I guess they cost $10 at the EA Store for Employees. As I understand it DICE made Battle Field 2 and EA Published it. I think that's how most if not all the games published by EA are made so why don't you guys ever get down on DICE?

What does this post above say? Everyone uses HD Monitor anything above 1280X720 is HD. I mean I only run 1280x1024 but that still HD also my HDPC only runs 1128 X 640 I have to under scan so I can see the entire image as it is a 32" CRT so even though it's am HD TV I not able to utilize it. I read a post that Pro Leagues Use 20" CRT's still anything bigger is hard to see in its’ entirety at one time.
March 5, 2007 7:53:34 AM

Yup your right.
March 5, 2007 10:38:15 PM

You would know how??? Or did you just need another post?

BTW yes EA did purchase majority shares of DICE, so in essence they own\control DICE. The other part of the statement has yet to be proven.
March 6, 2007 7:15:46 AM

The majority shareholder gets to choose what direction a company goes in and EA will do as it has always done and tell them to get it out the door as soon as possible or else. I know this because it is very old news, and please don’t get bitchy again as it does not suit you.
March 6, 2007 11:47:54 AM

And soon theyll give them a generic name, EA Sweden. Like all the other EA studios where generic games are being brought out.

Thank sports gamers, thank you for buying the same game every year that's named differently. Don't forget those racing, Need for New Title, o and the Sims, can't forget that, now it's Battlefield's turn.
March 6, 2007 11:53:14 AM

Battlefield didn't need EA's help to turn rubbish... [/personal opinion]
March 8, 2007 4:49:55 PM

Quote:
EA has been making crappy games for a while now. Besides Madden, all of EA's games I played are quite crappy.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion however calling BF2 and BF2142 crappy is absurd.

It may not be your type of game but you can't name a single multiplayer online game that even comes close to the features of BF2/2142.

Huge maps, built in VOIP, squad system, squad command system, ground and air vehicles, classes...etc.

No other game has all of this. Most other games only offer *YAWN* team deathmatch or worse plain old deathmatch!

crap? come on.
March 9, 2007 11:29:15 AM

lol, whenever I get killed by an M4 i'm like wtf, that noob hacker aint suppost to do that much damage :p  .

RO is good, I had it for UT2k4, it's a source mod now.. must try it..
!