jmsilver

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2002
I recently upgraded to a Gigabyte 7VRXP board with an XP2000+ processor. It is in a case with a 300W AMD approved aluminum skyhawk power supply. Everything runs fairly stably.

I also have an intellimouse explorer (with the red tail light), USB but with the PS2 adapter on (I have no idea why, I just did it that way a while ago and left it). Here's the issue: I run Windows XP. I shut down with XP and everything seems to shut down normally. However, after the computer and everything is off completely, my mouse's tail light is still on. Now, there is a rocker switch on the back of the power supply, which when I turn off turns off the tail light. However, I would expect the normal shutdown to turn off all power going to the motherboard, including through the PS2 port to the mouse.

Any ideas? Should I do anything beyond just turning off the rocker switch when I'm done? Is this normal? Thanks.

lhgpoobaa

Illustrious
Dec 31, 2007
hmmmm curious.
i do a similar thing with hibernate and my opti mouse, and dont see that *thinks*
does your computer restart with a mouse jiggle or button click?

you could try sniffin around in the bios, see if there are any advanced power managment features enabled like wake on lan or supsend to ram etc.

i wouldnt worry about power consumption though, little led's take miniscule amounts of power.

<b>Before visiting THG i was a clueless noob. Now im still clueless, but look at my nice title!<b>

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
here's a case where a search through the forum would have revealed the answer:

It's supposed to do that - AKA it's a feature. If you click on the left mouse button, it will turn the PC on.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>