Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Where is iexplore.exe located?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 1:27:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I would like to limit access to this program for some users on my computer, but don't know where to find it. It didn't show up when I did a search.

More about : iexplore exe located

Anonymous
July 7, 2004 10:05:10 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

the location should be c:\program files\internet explorer

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert
www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
"Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7BE7027D-3B45-44C8-ACDB-17AE517D3A93@microsoft.com...
>I would like to limit access to this program for some users on my computer,
>but don't know where to find it. It didn't show up when I did a search.
Anonymous
July 8, 2004 2:45:02 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and it's not there. In fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's not there, but I can still run the program.

"John Barnett MVP" wrote:

> the location should be c:\program files\internet explorer
>
> --
> John Barnett MVP
> Associate Expert
> www.freelanceit.glowinternet.net
> "Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7BE7027D-3B45-44C8-ACDB-17AE517D3A93@microsoft.com...
> >I would like to limit access to this program for some users on my computer,
> >but don't know where to find it. It didn't show up when I did a search.
>
>
>
Related resources
July 8, 2004 10:55:28 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:54E82DC5-0777-4DF7-AA80-F49C2D6E07C0@microsoft.com...
> I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and it's not there. In
fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's not there, but I can
still run the program.
>

It's a hidden system file. Did you enable Hidden and System files and
folders in your search or in Windows Explorer? (If you can run the program
then the file MUST be there!)
Anonymous
July 14, 2004 3:08:14 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

>-----Original Message-----
>"Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>news:54E82DC5-0777-4DF7-AA80-
F49C2D6E07C0@microsoft.com...
>> I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and
it's not there. In
>fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's
not there, but I can
>still run the program.
>>
>
>It's a hidden system file. Did you enable Hidden and
System files and
>folders in your search or in Windows Explorer? (If you
can run the program
>then the file MUST be there!)
>
>
>.

I know it must be somewhere in order for internet
explorer to run, but even when I search hidden and system
files it doesn't appear. Help!
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 6:59:58 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Puah,

How are you searching for iexplore.exe? Have you tried searching for it
using cmd.exe? If not then do the following:

1. launch cmd.exe
2. navigate to the root of the system drive
3. type the following without quotes - "dir iexplore.exe /s"


I hope this helps,
Dennis Davis [msft]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Puah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2d0c801c469cd$881890e0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>"Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:54E82DC5-0777-4DF7-AA80-
> F49C2D6E07C0@microsoft.com...
>>> I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and
> it's not there. In
>>fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's
> not there, but I can
>>still run the program.
>>>
>>
>>It's a hidden system file. Did you enable Hidden and
> System files and
>>folders in your search or in Windows Explorer? (If you
> can run the program
>>then the file MUST be there!)
>>
>>
>>.
>
> I know it must be somewhere in order for internet
> explorer to run, but even when I search hidden and system
> files it doesn't appear. Help!
Anonymous
July 24, 2004 6:52:11 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

"Puah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2d0c801c469cd$881890e0$a501280a@phx.gbl...
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>"Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>news:54E82DC5-0777-4DF7-AA80-
> F49C2D6E07C0@microsoft.com...
>>> I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and
> it's not there. In
>>fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's
> not there, but I can
>>still run the program.
>>>
>>
>>It's a hidden system file. Did you enable Hidden and
> System files and
>>folders in your search or in Windows Explorer? (If you
> can run the program
>>then the file MUST be there!)
>>
>>
>>.
>
> I know it must be somewhere in order for internet
> explorer to run, but even when I search hidden and system
> files it doesn't appear. Help!

Here is the location of my copy:
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

It is neither hidden nor a system file. It is only ninety-one
kilobytes in size so is probably a stub for a larger file integrated
into the operating system as Microsoft has been wont to do.

--
Earl F. Parrish
!