Where is iexplore.exe located?

I would like to limit access to this program for some users on my computer, but don't know where to find it. It didn't show up when I did a search.
6 answers Last reply
More about where iexplore located

    the location should be c:\program files\internet explorer

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Puah" <Puah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I would like to limit access to this program for some users on my computer,
    >but don't know where to find it. It didn't show up when I did a search.

    I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and it's not there. In fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's not there, but I can still run the program.

    > I looked in c:\program files\internet explorer and it's not there. In
    fact, I searched my whole sytem for the file and it's not there, but I can
    still run the program.

    It's a hidden system file. Did you enable Hidden and System files and
    folders in your search or in Windows Explorer? (If you can run the program
    then the file MUST be there!)

    I know it must be somewhere in order for internet
    explorer to run, but even when I search hidden and system
    files it doesn't appear. Help!

    Puah,

    How are you searching for iexplore.exe? Have you tried searching for it
    using cmd.exe? If not then do the following:

    1. launch cmd.exe
    2. navigate to the root of the system drive
    3. type the following without quotes - "dir iexplore.exe /s"

    I hope this helps,
    Dennis Davis [msft]
    "Puah" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

    Here is the location of my copy:
    C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

    It is neither hidden nor a system file. It is only ninety-one
    kilobytes in size so is probably a stub for a larger file integrated
    into the operating system as Microsoft has been wont to do.

    --
    Earl F. Parrish

Computers Microsoft Windows XP