Temporary Internet File Folder

When I open an attachment recieved in Outlook and then choose to save the file it gives the default folder as OLK1. This folder shows various documents that have been accidently saved there (instead of My Documents). When I chose the "up one level" icon it shows this folder as residing in the TIFF. However the OLK1 folder has now disappeared (and the saved documents with it) A check for the folder or files using the Window Explorer "search" feature reveals that it doesn't exist (even when using the option to display hidden files).
How do I track down/find this directory and files so that they can be moved and future files deleted.
2 answers Last reply
More about temporary internet file folder

    Temp files are just that "Temp" and depending on IE
    settings (I think default is around 20 to 30 days) they
    will be periodiocally deleted.

    Main point don't save wanted files in the Internet Temp
    file folder - they have a tendency of dissapearing. As
    you've found

    We had the same problem here at the Conservation Fund. First you want
    to determine the path to your OLK folder by opening your attachment and
    clicking Save As. Typically it would be in your user account in the
    hidden Local Settings Folder under Temporary Internet Files. This
    folder cannot be viewed using Windows Explorer, it must be accessed
    using Outlook itself. When you've determined the file location go to
    Other Shortcuts on your Outlook Bar, click on My Computer, and follow
    the path that way. The folder should be there and you can just click
    on the files to open them and copy them to another folder or your
    Desktop. Hope this helps, I probably won't check back so you can email
    at jbavier@conservationfund.org if you have any questions.

    -John Bavier
    The Conservation Fund

    --