Verizon map vs. "new" GSM Cingular/Attwireless expanded co..

SL

I have been with Verizon for years, but I have to admit, I'm curious
about the coverage of this combined company. Any comments?

SL,
See for yourself. Here's the combined coverage as posted with the FCC on
their application:

http://www.mountainwireless.com/cingular_att_coverage.htm

You'll see Verizon still have them beat by a long shot:

http://www.mountainwireless.com/vzdigital.htm

especially when taking in the America's Choice territory:

http://www.mountainwireless.com/3netmap.htm

Bill Radio

"SL" <shel99@noway.com> wrote in message
> I have been with Verizon for years, but I have to admit, I'm curious
> about the coverage of this combined company. Any comments?

SL

Thank you.

On Thu, 6 May 2004 23:37:00 -0600, "Bill Radio"
<BR@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> wrote:

>SL,
>See for yourself. Here's the combined coverage as posted with the FCC on
>their application:
>
>http://www.mountainwireless.com/cingular_att_coverage.htm
>
>You'll see Verizon still have them beat by a long shot:
>
>http://www.mountainwireless.com/vzdigital.htm
>
>especially when taking in the America's Choice territory:
>
>http://www.mountainwireless.com/3netmap.htm
>
>Bill Radio
>Click for Western U.S. Wireless Reviews at:
>http://www.mountainwireless.com
>

>"SL" <shel99@noway.com> wrote in message
>> I have been with Verizon for years, but I have to admit, I'm curious
>> about the coverage of this combined company. Any comments?

On Thu, 6 May 2004 23:37:00 -0600, "Bill Radio"
<BR@MountainWirelessNOSPAN.com> chose to add this to the great equation of
life, the universe, and everything:

>SL,
>See for yourself. Here's the combined coverage as posted with the FCC on
>their application:
>
>http://www.mountainwireless.com/cingular_att_coverage.htm
>
>You'll see Verizon still have them beat by a long shot:
>
>http://www.mountainwireless.com/vzdigital.htm
>
>especially when taking in the America's Choice territory:
>
>http://www.mountainwireless.com/3netmap.htm

Going by these maps, Sprint has the best nationwide coverage, but I'd
sooner believe that Bush is going to eliminate taxes for everyone below
$50K/year...

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"'Son,' I dreamed the Major Leagues would tell me, 'you stink. We're
kicking you out of Little League.' I would have been grateful."
- Dave Barry

David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:

> Going by these maps, Sprint has the best nationwide coverage, but I'd
> sooner believe that Bush is going to eliminate taxes for everyone below
> $50K/year...

Sprint has coverage in a number of cities where Verizon has none. (or
weak coverage.)

On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:49:58 -0500, Steven J Sobol <sjsobol@JustThe.net>
chose to add this to the great equation of life, the universe, and
everything:

>David S <dwstreeter@spamisnaughty.att.net> wrote:
>
>> Going by these maps, Sprint has the best nationwide coverage, but I'd
>> sooner believe that Bush is going to eliminate taxes for everyone below
>> $50K/year...
>
>Sprint has coverage in a number of cities where Verizon has none. (or
>weak coverage.)

I'm sure it does, but for the nation as a whole, uh uh.

http://home.att.net/~dwstreeter
"I didn't think it was going anywhere, which just shows you how wrong you
can be ... At the time, it seemed like the thing to do." - Guitarist Mick
Taylor, telling the New York Post why he quit the Rolling Stones in 1975.

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

"Steven J Sobol" <sjsobol@JustThe.net> wrote in message

> Sprint has coverage in a number of cities where Verizon has none. (or
> weak coverage.)

And color on a map doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the
coverage. Sprint has coverage in my area but it is not nearly as
comprehensive as VZW.

> --
> JustThe.net Internet & New Media Services, Apple Valley, CA PGP:
0xE3AE35ED
sjsobol@JustThe.net
> Domain Names, $9.95/yr, 24x7 service: http://DomainNames.JustThe.net/
> "someone once called me a sofa, but i didn't feel compelled to rush out
and buy
> slip covers." -adam brower * Hiroshima '45, Chernobyl '86, Windows
98/2000/2003

George <George@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> And color on a map doesn't tell you anything about the quality of the
> coverage. Sprint has coverage in my area but it is not nearly as
> comprehensive as VZW.

And I use both. Verizon and Sprint are equal in many big cities; there ARE
areas where Verizon is better and there are areas where Sprint is better.

I just find it interesting that people like to bash Sprint when many of them
haven't used Sprint at all (or haven't used Sprint in a while.) They still
have their problems, but coverage has improved...

TRENDING THREADS