I have an older computer and have recently installed
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works
Suite 2003. I would like to create a floppy disk backup.
I've followed the directions on the Microsoft Website,
without success. Any suggestions? I've spent too much
money and time, don't want to lose everything! Thanks a
bunch!, Cindy

If you mean that you would like to create a floppy boot disk set then go to the microsoft site and do a search, they have the tool and it takes six floppies. Remember though, the XP CD is a boot disk the floppy is only as an additional option in case your disk drive fails or is taken out and you can't boot from it. If on the other hand you intend on doing a complete system backup to floppies in XP you will need several hundred floppies and about 3 days without a break to do so. XP Home does not have the ability to span disks so you will need a third party software program to do the job. This is one of the major advantages to XP PRO as you can do an Automated System Recovery using the wizard and restore your system state if and when you were to have problems. Good luck. {:~)
--
There are three types of people in computing, those that can count and those that can't.

"Cindy Robbins" wrote:

> I have an older computer and have recently installed
> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works
> Suite 2003. I would like to create a floppy disk backup.
> I've followed the directions on the Microsoft Website,
> without success. Any suggestions? I've spent too much
> money and time, don't want to lose everything! Thanks a
> bunch!, Cindy

Gordon

"Cindy Robbins" <Noopynip@msn.com> wrote in message
> I have an older computer and have recently installed
> Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition and Microsoft Works
> Suite 2003. I would like to create a floppy disk backup.
> I've followed the directions on the Microsoft Website,
> without success. Any suggestions? I've spent too much
> money and time, don't want to lose everything! Thanks a
> bunch!, Cindy

Do you mean a System Start-up disk, or do you actually mean you want to
backup your data (ie documents etc) to a floppy?