Help! Arch-Mage has gotten nasty surprise...?

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
I have been playing Oblivion on my rig. Really good stuff (and quite the time-waster too, heheh).
I have stored my collection of Staffs in the Arch-Mage's personal quarters at the University. I had at least 20 of them, including some very special ones, stored in the chest of drawers at the foot of the Arch-Mage's bed.
They have all dissappeared! Replaced by red velvet shirts and blue pants etc.
WTF!? This is BS. :evil:
So there is no storage at all in the Arch-Mage's quarters? 8O
I have quickly yanked my jewelry collection from the bedside table (just to be safe!) but help me out guys - is this normal?
Somebody with experience in these matters?
I am looking at restoring to a much earlier savegame to GET MY G.D. STAFFS back... a very depressing thought :cry:
Please help me out with some info if you can,
Regards

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Thanks guys (even though not what I wished to hear). :x
I own Benirus Manor, the little home on the Imperial City waterfront, and have just purchased a nice home in Bruma too - any one of these could've stored my beloved Staffs in safety!
Oh man - Apotheosis, Sanguine Rose, the Goblin Totem and many others... gone forever. :cry:
Oh well, it's just a game :roll:
But I thought the Arch-Mage's personal quarters was secure...
That's B.S. (and should be patched immediately)!
Thanks again for replies,
L8R

The_OGS

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Update:
In the interest of clarity, my Arch-Mage's room is now empty.
But I see that clearly, the empty chest of drawers at the foot of the bed lists "apparel" and the empty bedside table lists "weapons" when opened.
So it was just my dim-wittedness to store weapons at the foot of the bed...
Hopefully this will help someone else.
I had a 50:50 chance (and I blew it)!
Wish I'd paid closer attention to that but too late now. Ah well, Sanguine Rose was a lot of fun while it lasted...
Those staffs actually pack a lot of bang for yer buck y'know? At 10 lbs each you can carry 5 of them and equal the weight of only one big blunt weapon.
Okay the Bethesda guys are pretty smart after all,
Over & out :wink:

stemnin

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2006
I just use the Umbra, and dragon armor (light). I got kicked out of the fighter's guild a second time, luckily minotaur horns are an ingredient and can be used in the magic chest hahaha. Time to go collect from the brotherhood...