Sign in with
Your question

battlestar galactica space sim, and wingcommander on xbox360

Last response: in Video Games
March 4, 2007 9:50:13 PM

Im downloading freespace 2 right now, i already have freespace, freelancer,starlancer, mechwarrior 4,babylon 5(a free download), and sw starfighter(more of a arcade game), and i can never get enough of them. I mostly play freelancer with crossfire1.2mod, and mechwarrior, but I love them all. Seems like they are gonna start making our kind of games again.
March 6, 2007 2:57:07 PM

They are making it for the Xbox360 so I expect they will be arcade-style "shoot-them-up".
Star Trek Legacy is an example. Oh what a disapointment it was when it came out.

I much prefer space simulations that are more complex and depend less on reflexes.

I'm playing Eve online these days. What a great game, I totally love it.
March 7, 2007 4:09:27 PM

I assume you've tried X3 then? Only single-player, but has a lot of depth. "Elite" for the 21st century :D 
March 7, 2007 7:18:56 PM

I tried X3. I tried for a few hours and gave up.
With Eve, I fell in love after ten minutes
March 8, 2007 9:25:22 AM

I guess I'm boring then! I like that the X games may you work for it...
March 8, 2007 2:37:07 PM

No you're not boring. To each his own taste.

Eve makes you work hard too BTW.
March 8, 2007 2:48:32 PM

What I've heard of Eve is that it makes you work hard in terms of time put in. X requires you to make complicated economic decisions. People who try to play it like Freespace quickly get disullisoned/bored because the combat model isn't the best (I-War was).
March 8, 2007 2:53:57 PM

If you want a complex combat engine, try Free Allegiance. you almost need a degree to fight well in that game. They actually have a remote academy process in which you have homework and tests.

It's free by the way. Great game
!