Dual Monitor help

Tags:
  • PC gaming
  • Dual Monitors
  • Monitors
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
March 5, 2007 10:02:08 PM

Hey guys, I got my second monitor pretty recently and just had some questions setting it all up. I got everything the way I want it, BUT I want to run my games on my secondary monitor, not my primary. People have told me to just drag the shortcuts to the other desktop and run it, and it will run on that monitor. I tried that, and it still opens it up on the primary monitor. If someone could tell me how to fix this problem that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

More about : dual monitor

March 6, 2007 7:22:48 AM

Why dont you just make the monitor you want to run the games on your primary monitor?
March 6, 2007 3:05:42 PM

yeah. Make your gaming monitor your primary. When you start the game it`ll play on that monitor.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
March 6, 2007 8:50:23 PM

Yes, I know I can do that, but the whole point of me making the post was to see if anyone knew how to run games on your secondary monitor.. If i can it would be more convienent for me. Thanks
March 7, 2007 7:28:33 AM

It would take a lot of coding or hacking or some guff to the games to get them to do what you want them to do. But you have to remember there is a primary and secondary monitor mode for a reason. This means short of actually changing the games script you will not get it to run on the secondary monitor. I believe I once seen a game with this option but I think that game was crap… Anyway why the hell do you want to have a monitor displaying crap when you are trying to run a game, you will cripple your FPS.

Oh there is one use for this though, I remember when I was going through my WOW phase (what a waste of life). I used my secondary monitor, which was a 32” TV to watch movies on while I played WOW on my main monitor. The game had to be run in window mode or the secondary monitor would not work correctly.
March 11, 2007 2:41:32 PM

I am not aware of any way to make a game run on your secondary monitor.
!