Sign in with
Your question

Private CS:S Server Opening

Last response: in Video Games

Are you tired of cheaters in public servers?

Total: 9 votes

• Hell Yes!
  • 89 %
  • No... I am one.
  • 12 %
  • Public what?
  • 0 %
March 6, 2007 7:28:03 PM

Hey kids. Let me start this thread out by saying that I am not recruiting for a competitive clan.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I just wanted to announce that I've recently opened a 12-slot, 100-tick Counter-Strike: Source server based out of Chicago with full HLstatsX tracking. I was getting tired of playing with cheaters exploiting wallhacks and using aimbots. As long as I was playing on public servers, I was playing with cheaters. I love playing CS:S, but I'm not a serious enough player to join a competitive clan... or good enough for that matter. So, I decided that the only way for me to have an enjoyable time was to open my own server so I could utilize whatever anti-cheat scripts and plug-ins that I desired. With that in mind, I've launched souL|Clan.

souL|Clan is not a clan in the traditional sense. The idea is that once I've rounded up 15-20 like-minded players, the server will go private and a password will be required to access it. This will give that core group of players a chance to enjoy a casual, but completive atmosphere to play CS:S without dealing with immature cheating punks. If this sounds like something that might interest you, check out any of the info below.

soulclancss.com
s|C on GameTracker
s|C HLstatsX

Thanks for checking it out, guys! Take care.

Mark Pannell, 7son75

More about : private server opening

March 6, 2007 7:56:07 PM

Quote:
Hackers will still come. I hate to say it. They will beat whatever scripts, and stuff you put on.

However, I'll check it out. :wink:

Yeah, I know. But the idea is that when I round up the core group of players for the server, everybody else will be blocked out. If someone makes it into that core group and is determined to be cheating, they'll be kicked and banned permanently.

But I know what you mean. There's always a workaround. If someone wants to cheat badly enough, they'll find a way.
March 7, 2007 7:10:06 AM

Where is the option for I don’t care about cheaters?

And what happens if you get accused of cheating even though you are not, I once got kicked from a Rainbow Six: Vegas game on the Xbox 360 because they where complaining that I was cheating as they could not hit me… How can you cheat on a 360??? But anyway if you find the right group of people then it will be fun, shame with your idea you cant have clan matches though.

One question I have to ask is, you said you lack skill... are you sure you have ever really seen someone that cheats? If I had £1 for every time I have been called a cheater in CS I would have enough money to crush bill gates in to submission. Really if you come up against someone that has been playing CS for years like I have… it must be about 8 years now… It will look like they are wall hacking or using aimbots, all it takes is for an experienced player to use his eyes, ears and his gut and you become almost godlike in that game. I can see how this would look to someone who is new to the game but honestly I very much doubt you have ever seen someone that really cheats yet.
Related resources
March 7, 2007 9:10:49 AM

Haven't played CSS in a bit, more of a dod man but give me the IP and if the ping is reasonable and there's enough players I'll jump in for a round or two.
March 8, 2007 2:58:01 PM

Quote:
Where is the option for I don’t care about cheaters?

And what happens if you get accused of cheating even though you are not, I once got kicked from a Rainbow Six: Vegas game on the Xbox 360 because they where complaining that I was cheating as they could not hit me… How can you cheat on a 360??? But anyway if you find the right group of people then it will be fun, shame with your idea you cant have clan matches though.

One question I have to ask is, you said you lack skill... are you sure you have ever really seen someone that cheats? If I had £1 for every time I have been called a cheater in CS I would have enough money to crush bill gates in to submission. Really if you come up against someone that has been playing CS for years like I have… it must be about 8 years now… It will look like they are wall hacking or using aimbots, all it takes is for an experienced player to use his eyes, ears and his gut and you become almost godlike in that game. I can see how this would look to someone who is new to the game but honestly I very much doubt you have ever seen someone that really cheats yet.

Yeah, I get that often too... "you killed me 5 times, therefore you cheat" - lol.

I usually wear it as a badge of honor when they say that. However, it does tick me off when they try to get me booted.
March 9, 2007 10:29:52 PM

Quake was my groove game. I'd played Quake so many times... When I finally jumped online for a little Deathmatch Classic action on Half-Life, I came in mid game and blasted ahead and doubled the highest frag count within minutes. I'm not good at any other game and the physics were wonky on the mod, but I still got cursed out pretty good. :wink:

That was the one time I felt I was good. In CS, I don't last five minutes. And DoD, I always go kamikaze in desperation. :lol: 
March 14, 2007 12:05:45 AM

I like the idea. I get my new system later this week, but haven't played or seen CS:S. Is there a demo out there to check it out at? I too, am not very good, but my kid has taught my Halo halo II and the like, I play ghost recon II and Doom II was great back in the day (just picked up Doom III on clearance at Target the other day!).

I like the FPS games and could like doin' this one.
March 19, 2007 12:03:08 AM

Your gonna get hackers either way you look at it. I highly recommend you download the mani admin mod. Much easier to use. Also, be sure to actually know who is hacking, and who isn't. Don't want to ban the wrong guy now :wink:
!