Damn You Charsi, Fara, Hratli, Halbu and Drognan!

Do I have a glitch in my system? Or is it the 1.10 patch? Or maybe
they just don't like the look of my bright green Amazon, Bacon Lady.

Whatever it is, these guys are ripping me off. If I find something and
want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they no longer buy it at
a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same price for it when it's
old and busted as when it's nice and shiny and panelbeaten.

Damn those NPCs to Hell. Except in the case of Halbu, who is already
in Hell, sort of, so he can go somewhere even worse. Adelaide,
perhaps.

C&J

--
Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

- 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
- www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org
25 answers Last reply
More about damn charsi fara hratli halbu drognan

    "Chucky & Janica" <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Do I have a glitch in my system? Or is it the 1.10 patch? Or maybe
    > they just don't like the look of my bright green Amazon, Bacon Lady.
    >
    > Whatever it is, these guys are ripping me off. If I find something and
    > want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they no longer buy it at
    > a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same price for it when it's
    > old and busted as when it's nice and shiny and panelbeaten.

    That is a new "feature" of 1.10

    Walt

    > Do I have a glitch in my system? Or is it the 1.10 patch? Or maybe
    > they just don't like the look of my bright green Amazon, Bacon Lady.
    >
    > Whatever it is, these guys are ripping me off. If I find something and
    > want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they no longer buy it at
    > a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same price for it when it's
    > old and busted as when it's nice and shiny and panelbeaten.

    Well think about it. Why would a merchant pay more for something if he just
    repaired it himself? I think it makes much more sense this way. It was
    very un-realistic before. Anyhow, it's not like you're getting cheated.
    The price you get for selling items is now the same as it would be when
    fully repaired, so you're actually saving money by not having to repair it
    in the first place. It also saves time. No point in wasting that extra
    step repairing before selling, since it's just a waste of cash. My only
    complaint about this change is the way Blizzard likes to fix the petty stuff
    like this, while ignoring many much more serious bugs...

    Walt wrote:
    > "Chucky & Janica" <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> schrieb im
    > Newsbeitrag news:480qt0tsbr13oo1a23hbo5ts6u4v7s1s29@4ax.com...
    > >
    > > If I find
    > > something and want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they
    > > no longer buy it at a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same
    > > price for it when it's old and busted as when it's nice and shiny
    > > and panelbeaten.
    >
    > That is a new "feature" of 1.10

    At least on the realms it was like that in 1.09 too.

    On that special day, Walt, (wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at) said...

    > That is a new "feature" of 1.10

    With LoD, there was a new attribute introduced which gave items the
    property "repairs itself within n seconds". Items with that property,
    would change their value while standing around, so adapting prices to
    the current state they are in, did make no sense any more.

    I would say, this was introduced in 1.07

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    In news:IuKdnUv_0aB2-0DcRVn-rg@giganews.com,
    Darrel Hoffman <i.dont@think.so> blurted:
    || Do I have a glitch in my system? Or is it the 1.10 patch? Or maybe
    || they just don't like the look of my bright green Amazon, Bacon Lady.
    || Whatever it is, these guys are ripping me off. If I find something
    || and want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they no longer buy
    || it at a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same price for it
    || when it's old and busted as when it's nice and shiny and panelbeaten.
    |
    | Well think about it. Why would a merchant pay more for something if
    | he just repaired it himself? I think it makes much more sense this
    | way. It was very un-realistic before. Anyhow, it's not like you're
    | getting cheated. The price you get for selling items is now the same
    | as it would be when fully repaired, so you're actually saving money
    | by not having to repair it in the first place. It also saves time.
    | No point in wasting that extra step repairing before selling, since
    | it's just a waste of cash. My only complaint about this change is
    | the way Blizzard likes to fix the petty stuff like this, while
    | ignoring many much more serious bugs...

    Blizzard? Bugz? Diablo? I have no idea what you're on! *grinz*

    So if de-bugging is removing bugs, does that mean programming is putting
    bugs in? (Yes I know it's an old saying, but I'm feeling old now). Maybe
    they took lessons off Micro$oft to learn how to bug a program properly.
    I don't know.. I'm not a programmer. However it would be cool to hack D2 and
    make it so you can hack up stormtroopers, imperial guards, bounty hunters,
    and other assorted Star Wars baddies. Don't forget the Ewoks!! Heh, sorry
    people, I've been reading a star wars ng.
    I'm going now before I incriminate myself further.

    John A

    Ewoks are EVIL!

    Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly into
    space for a short while before writing:

    > Damn those NPCs to Hell. Except in the case of Halbu, who is already
    > in Hell, sort of, so he can go somewhere even worse. Adelaide,
    > perhaps.

    Jeez, that's kinda harsh...

    --
    Doc

    In news:41ddb560$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
    Doc <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> blurted:
    | Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly into
    | space for a short while before writing:
    || Damn those NPCs to Hell. Except in the case of Halbu, who is already
    || in Hell, sort of, so he can go somewhere even worse. Adelaide,
    || perhaps.
    |
    | Jeez, that's kinda harsh...

    No Doc, it's really not. Adelaide is a hole!

    Exactly why I dont live there, and why I pity anyone who does :P

    John A

    If you fart and nobody else hears you, do you still excuse yourself?

    Once upon a time - for example, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:07:13 +0100 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "Walt" <wbecke[no-spam}@gmx.at>,
    and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >> Whatever it is, these guys are ripping me off. If I find something and
    >> want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they no longer buy it at
    >> a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same price for it when it's
    >> old and busted as when it's nice and shiny and panelbeaten.
    >
    >That is a new "feature" of 1.10

    "Feature." That's the new word for it, eh? Next time I get pulled over
    by the police, I'm going to call him a "feature".

    Oh, and I screwed up. It's not Drognan in Act V, is it? It's somebody
    else. With a silly Conan outfit.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    Once upon a time - for example, Thu, 6 Jan 2005 11:35:22 -0500 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>,
    and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >> Do I have a glitch in my system? Or is it the 1.10 patch? Or maybe
    >> they just don't like the look of my bright green Amazon, Bacon Lady.
    >>
    >> Whatever it is, these guys are ripping me off. If I find something and
    >> want to sell it, they'll repair it for me but they no longer buy it at
    >> a better rate once it's fixed. I get the same price for it when it's
    >> old and busted as when it's nice and shiny and panelbeaten.
    >
    >Well think about it. Why would a merchant pay more for something if he just
    >repaired it himself? I think it makes much more sense this way. It was
    >very un-realistic before. Anyhow, it's not like you're getting cheated.
    >The price you get for selling items is now the same as it would be when
    >fully repaired, so you're actually saving money by not having to repair it
    >in the first place. It also saves time. No point in wasting that extra
    >step repairing before selling, since it's just a waste of cash.

    Right, my thoughts exactly, but damn them anyway. Even Drognan, who is
    to the best of my knowledge an innocent bystander in this farce.

    >My only
    >complaint about this change is the way Blizzard likes to fix the petty stuff
    >like this, while ignoring many much more serious bugs...

    Such as?

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:01:57 +1100 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "Doc"
    <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com>, and they made us all feel better
    by saying the following stuff:

    >> Damn those NPCs to Hell. Except in the case of Halbu, who is already
    >> in Hell, sort of, so he can go somewhere even worse. Adelaide,
    >> perhaps.
    >
    >Jeez, that's kinda harsh...

    Newcastle?

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    John A <john@interactivelt.net> stared blankly into space for a short
    while before writing:
    > In news:41ddb560$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
    > Doc <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> blurted:
    >> Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly
    >> into space for a short while before writing:
    >>>
    >>> Damn those NPCs to Hell. Except in the case of Halbu, who is
    >>> already in Hell, sort of, so he can go somewhere even worse.
    >>> Adelaide, perhaps.
    >>>

    >> Jeez, that's kinda harsh...
    >
    > No Doc, it's really not. Adelaide is a hole!
    >
    > Exactly why I dont live there, and why I pity anyone who does :P

    I didn't make myself clear. I meant that it was harsh to send Halbu to
    Adelaide...

    --
    Doc

    In news:41de6ea8$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
    Doc <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> blurted:
    | John A <john@interactivelt.net> stared blankly into space for a short
    | while before writing:
    || In news:41ddb560$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
    || Doc <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com> blurted:
    ||| Chucky & Janica <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> stared blankly
    ||| into space for a short while before writing:
    ||| Jeez, that's kinda harsh...
    || No Doc, it's really not. Adelaide is a hole!
    || Exactly why I dont live there, and why I pity anyone who does :P
    |
    | I didn't make myself clear. I meant that it was harsh to send Halbu to
    | Adelaide...

    Ahh, I understand now. After much deliberation, (about 5 seconds) I'm going
    to agree. Lets not send the NPC's to Adelaide. If we send them, they will
    never come back and Blizzard will never get to make an even buggier D3 (Is
    buggier even a word? or is it buggyer? who knows, I've been awake too long
    to care).

    Excuse me. I need a sock.

    John A

    Sleep. What's that?

    > Right, my thoughts exactly, but damn them anyway. Even Drognan, who is
    > to the best of my knowledge an innocent bystander in this farce.

    Damn him for other reasons. Always selling JUST the perfect wand to make
    White in, but with only 1 socket, or something like that...

    > >My only
    > >complaint about this change is the way Blizzard likes to fix the petty
    stuff
    > >like this, while ignoring many much more serious bugs...
    >
    > Such as?

    Oh my, where to begin...

    Well, perhaps my favorite annoying yet-to-be-fixed bug is the one that makes
    Mana Burn damage reduce all your mana from full to empty in a single hit.
    This is because it's calculated before resists and damage reduction, meaning
    that the smallest hit from any Mana Burner will operate at full strength
    even if you take very little damage. This is the same bug that makes Energy
    Shield worse than useless unless you max both ES and Telekinesis for
    synergy. Anything less than max in both those skills, and even a Normal
    Quill Rat will empty your mana in a single hit when you have the spell
    running. (*slight* exaggeration, but not much.)

    Endless poison from greater mummy types. This is just plain wrong,
    particularly for Necros and other minion-dependant chars. Sure, you can
    remember to bring an Antidote for you and your merc, but having to go to a
    healer in town to keep your pets alive should not be necessary.

    Let's see, how about the bug that allows certain spell effects to remain
    after the player has TP/WP'd to town? Or more specifically, after they have
    hostiled you. This is the bug that makes Trigger-hacks possible. Cast a
    dozen Bone Spirits while allied with somebody, then quickly go to town and
    hostile, and they're dead while you're safe in town. If all spell effects
    were cancelled as soon as the player left the area or as soon as they
    hostiled, this would not be a problem.

    Oh, and then there's things like the Paladin Charge bug, where you can be
    permanently stuck in Charge-mode and unable to use potions or anything else.
    Sort of makes the build a really bad idea. Also affects Barb Whirlwind
    and/or Leap Attack, IIRC.

    Getting stuck behind rats nests in Act II dungeons is always fun.

    All the doors in Act I which open but don't open - okay, not serious, but
    this simple bug has been there since the very beginning and it's just plain
    lazy not fixing it.

    And in general, there's all kinds of bugs which people exploit all the time
    that should really be fixed. Things like the Marrowalk bug, all the quest
    loopholes that make rushing a lvl 1 to Hell possible, etc. People might
    complain if these bugs were fixed, though, so I guess it might be just as
    well to leave them alone.

    I could go on, but there's just too many minor ones to mention. Still,
    seems like they spend more time working on things like vendor selling prices
    than stuff that really matters...

    Once upon a time - for example, Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:14:45 -0500 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>,
    and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >> Right, my thoughts exactly, but damn them anyway. Even Drognan, who is
    >> to the best of my knowledge an innocent bystander in this farce.
    >
    >Damn him for other reasons. Always selling JUST the perfect wand to make
    >White in, but with only 1 socket, or something like that...

    White?

    >> >like this, while ignoring many much more serious bugs...
    >>
    >> Such as?
    >
    >Oh my, where to begin...

    I thought this would start a waterfall.

    >Well, perhaps my favorite annoying yet-to-be-fixed bug is the one that makes
    >Mana Burn damage reduce all your mana from full to empty in a single hit.

    That does get annoying. I've only noticed it since Bacon Lady got to
    Hell difficulty, and she needs mana potions all of a sudden because
    otherwise she can't fend or make a Valkyrie. But then, I get lots of
    mana potions dropped that I don't need.

    >Endless poison from greater mummy types. This is just plain wrong,
    >particularly for Necros and other minion-dependant chars. Sure, you can
    >remember to bring an Antidote for you and your merc, but having to go to a
    >healer in town to keep your pets alive should not be necessary.

    Hee. I did this a lot in the final fight through Act V, where there
    were suddenly a lot of poison critters. That poison hit me so hard, I
    had to go into town at a run to get healed, and in the end I had a
    slot in my belt full of antidotes. But then, I don't have that many
    associates as an Amazon. I'm saving up so I can wear this amulet that
    gives me an Iron Golem, which will be fun.

    Poison does me in every time.

    >Getting stuck behind rats nests in Act II dungeons is always fun.

    This has never happened to me. I'll have to try it. The only thing I
    remember in Act II is that the sand leapers follow you into town and
    wreck your armour if you stand next to them too long. But they fixed
    that bug first off, as far as I recall.

    >And in general, there's all kinds of bugs which people exploit all the time
    >that should really be fixed. Things like the Marrowalk bug,

    I have Marrowalk boots. Is there a bug I should be exploiting?

    >all the quest
    >loopholes that make rushing a lvl 1 to Hell possible, etc.

    Damn it, sounds like I'm missing out.

    >I could go on, but there's just too many minor ones to mention. Still,
    >seems like they spend more time working on things like vendor selling prices
    >than stuff that really matters...

    The vendors would argue that this is very important.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    > >And in general, there's all kinds of bugs which people exploit all the
    time
    > >that should really be fixed. Things like the Marrowalk bug,
    >
    > I have Marrowalk boots. Is there a bug I should be exploiting?

    If you're playing a Necro, the Bone Prison charges on the boots work as
    synergy for several other bone-skills. Since it's a lvl 33 Bone Prison,
    it's more synergy than you could otherwise get, since skills max at 20.
    You'll get synergy for Teeth, Bone Armor, Bone Wall, Bone Spear, and Bone
    Spirit. (Bone Armor and Bone Spirit can be made particularly powerful this
    way.) You just have to not put any actual points into the Bone Prison
    skill. There are a few other items in the game that have similar effects,
    but Marrowalk is by far the most useful, and most commonly exploited.

    > >all the quest
    > >loopholes that make rushing a lvl 1 to Hell possible, etc.
    >
    > Damn it, sounds like I'm missing out.

    Only possible with a couple of players, of course. You basically need to
    find somebody who's doing the quests, and be allied with them in town.
    There are games full of people doing this to rush their mules to Hell.
    You'll often see games with one 90+ char, one lvl ~40 char, and a bunch of
    lvl 1 chars. The lvl ~40 char is needed to get past NM Ancients, but the
    lvl 90+ char is doing all the work, while the little baby chars just wait in
    town.

    On that special day, Chucky & Janica, (janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland)
    said...

    > White?

    Runeword Dol Io

    Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
    +10 To Vitality
    +3 To Poison And Bone Spells (Necromancer Only)
    +3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
    +2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
    +4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    Magic Damage Reduced By 4
    20% Faster Cast Rate
    +13 To Mana

    Something I used on my Skelliemancer until he found Umes Lament.

    Gabriele Neukam

    Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

    just so, at no cost.

    Once upon a time - for example, Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:05:31 -0500 - there
    was this guy, or something, called "Darrel Hoffman" <i.dont@think.so>,
    and they made us all feel better by saying the following stuff:

    >> I have Marrowalk boots. Is there a bug I should be exploiting?
    >
    >If you're playing a Necro, the Bone Prison charges on the boots work as
    >synergy for several other bone-skills. Since it's a lvl 33 Bone Prison,
    >it's more synergy than you could otherwise get, since skills max at 20.
    >You'll get synergy for Teeth, Bone Armor, Bone Wall, Bone Spear, and Bone
    >Spirit. (Bone Armor and Bone Spirit can be made particularly powerful this
    >way.) You just have to not put any actual points into the Bone Prison
    >skill. There are a few other items in the game that have similar effects,
    >but Marrowalk is by far the most useful, and most commonly exploited.

    Oh right, hah, thanks. Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing
    something about this. Sadly, I don't have a Necromancer, I have an
    Amazon. She used the bone prison thing a couple of times, but it
    wasn't very useful, and cost too much to repair the boots after a
    while. Now I'm just hanging out for a Golem. She's got this other ring
    that gives her an Oak Sage, which is usually a Druid thing, but it's
    only level 3 and it dies too easily to be worth summoning.

    I kinda enjoy the whole "having companions a nice Amazon like you
    shouldn't have, those guys are Necromancer thugs" idea.

    >> Damn it, sounds like I'm missing out.
    >
    >Only possible with a couple of players, of course. You basically need to
    >find somebody who's doing the quests, and be allied with them in town.

    Aha. You, sir, are talking to a genuine Single Player lonesome nerd
    who doesn't even have his Diablo rig connected to the internet.

    The only time I play with more than one person is when Janica sits on
    my lap and presses my potion buttons when I'm about to die. Best Two
    Player mode ever.

    >There are games full of people doing this to rush their mules to Hell.
    >You'll often see games with one 90+ char, one lvl ~40 char, and a bunch of
    >lvl 1 chars.

    I get it. My level 70-odd Amazon tends to get all the points for her
    level 50-something mercenary, as well.

    You know what would be cool? Instead of having to pay fifty thousand
    dollars to resurrect your mercenary, you should just have to pay them,
    like, a monthly fee. Say, each waygate you pass, or quest you
    complete, or number of animals you kill. That'd make it exciting.

    "Hey, look. You're behind on your pay. Next time you go into the Claw
    Viper Temple, you're doing it with that stupid Valkyrie to watch your
    back. Yeah, you heard me. Pay up."

    >The lvl ~40 char is needed to get past NM Ancients, but the
    >lvl 90+ char is doing all the work, while the little baby chars just wait in
    >town.

    Hee hee, that's cute.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    Once upon a time - for example, Sun, 9 Jan 2005 17:09:00 +0100 - there
    was this guy, or something, called Gabriele Neukam
    <Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de>, and they made us all feel
    better by saying the following stuff:

    >> White?
    >
    >Runeword Dol Io
    >
    >Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
    >+10 To Vitality
    >+3 To Poison And Bone Spells (Necromancer Only)
    >+3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
    >+2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
    >+4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    >Magic Damage Reduced By 4
    >20% Faster Cast Rate
    >+13 To Mana

    Cool. So those two runes do all that? Neat. I really need to look into
    those rune word thingies. I have a matriarchal spear with a bunch of
    Lo runes in it, mainly because I thought it was funny to have a spear
    called "LoLoLoLoLo", and because it's meant to give 100% deadly
    strike. It doesn't, of course. Unless "deadly strike" means "a little
    bit more damage than you'd do with your bare hands, pansy boy."

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    > > White?
    >
    > Runeword Dol Io
    >
    > Hit Causes Monster To Flee 25%
    > +10 To Vitality
    > +3 To Poison And Bone Spells (Necromancer Only)
    > +3 To Bone Armor (Necromancer Only)
    > +2 To Bone Spear (Necromancer Only)
    > +4 To Skeleton Mastery (Necromancer Only)
    > Magic Damage Reduced By 4
    > 20% Faster Cast Rate
    > +13 To Mana
    >
    > Something I used on my Skelliemancer until he found Umes Lament.

    Yeah, my ideal wand for this would of course be that elusive +3 Skeletons,
    +3 Skeleton Mastery, and +3 to either Skeleton Magi (I like Magi) or maybe
    Summon Resist. Combined with the rune word mods, this is probably about the
    best wand a Skelemancer could ever wish for. If I find one with just 2 good
    +3 skills on it, I usually buy it for that. Drognan in Normal is about the
    best place I've seen to shop for wands.

    > Oh right, hah, thanks. Now that you mention it, I do recall seeing
    > something about this. Sadly, I don't have a Necromancer, I have an
    > Amazon. She used the bone prison thing a couple of times, but it
    > wasn't very useful, and cost too much to repair the boots after a
    > while. Now I'm just hanging out for a Golem. She's got this other ring
    > that gives her an Oak Sage, which is usually a Druid thing, but it's
    > only level 3 and it dies too easily to be worth summoning.
    >
    > I kinda enjoy the whole "having companions a nice Amazon like you
    > shouldn't have, those guys are Necromancer thugs" idea.

    Yeah, my Necro went the other way - see how many non-Necro beasties I can
    have working for me. So in addition to my own Skeletons, Magi, Golem,
    Revives, and Merc, I got myself a Druid Spirit (can get all three from Wisp
    Projector), a Poison Creeper (from Carrion Wind), and some Ravens (from
    Cranebeak). I could have gotten some Spirit Wolves or a Bear, but I could
    only hold 1 weapon, and that would have meant giving up Cranebeak.
    (Arguably, would've been better, but I didn't have the runes for Beast, and
    I forget why I didn't do Crescent Moon...) With 7 other players in the
    game, the pictures literally fell off the edge of the screen.

    > The only time I play with more than one person is when Janica sits on
    > my lap and presses my potion buttons when I'm about to die. Best Two
    > Player mode ever.

    Ah. I wouldn't mind a little of that kind of multi-player myself right
    now... Ahem.

    > You know what would be cool? Instead of having to pay fifty thousand
    > dollars to resurrect your mercenary, you should just have to pay them,
    > like, a monthly fee. Say, each waygate you pass, or quest you
    > complete, or number of animals you kill. That'd make it exciting.

    You'd quickly see everybody dumping their mercenaries and going alone if
    they did that. It just wouldn't be worth keeping them around anymore at
    that point. Sure, they can be helpful, but if you have to pay an upkeep to
    keep them around? Nobody would do it. Plus, there'd be no incentive to try
    and keep them alive if there wasn't some penalty for reviving them when they
    died. You might pay for one as cannon fodder like they did back before LoD
    when your Merc couldn't travel with you between acts or hold gear or
    anything. But you'd never consider having one as a constant companion. I
    give my Mercs better gear than myself sometimes. If I thought they were
    just going to walk off with my stuff if they weren't getting paid enough, I
    wouldn't do it.

    "Chucky & Janica" <janica.hindle@kolumbus.finland> wrote in message
    > Once upon a time - for example, Fri, 7 Jan 2005 09:01:57 +1100 - there
    > was this guy, or something, called "Doc"
    > <the.doc.is.in@REMOVETHlSgmail.com>, and they made us all feel better
    > by saying the following stuff:
    >
    > >> Damn those NPCs to Hell. Except in the case of Halbu, who is already
    > >> in Hell, sort of, so he can go somewhere even worse. Adelaide,
    > >> perhaps.
    > >
    > >Jeez, that's kinda harsh...
    >
    > Newcastle?

    I will take that as a personal insult!
    Mark

    Once upon a time - for example, Mon, 10 Jan 2005 20:54:23 -0500 -
    there was this guy, or something, called "Darrel Hoffman"
    <i.dont@think.so>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
    following stuff:

    >> You know what would be cool? Instead of having to pay fifty thousand
    >> dollars to resurrect your mercenary, you should just have to pay them,
    >> like, a monthly fee. Say, each waygate you pass, or quest you
    >> complete, or number of animals you kill. That'd make it exciting.
    >
    >You'd quickly see everybody dumping their mercenaries and going alone if
    >they did that.

    I don't see why. It'd cost less to pay them every now and then than it
    would to resurrect them every time they die. And it could just
    subtract from your cash quietly without any effort.

    >It just wouldn't be worth keeping them around anymore at
    >that point. Sure, they can be helpful, but if you have to pay an upkeep to
    >keep them around? Nobody would do it.

    You already do have to pay an upkeep to keep them around. And you know
    what they could do with your wages? Buy their own armour and repairs
    and potions. Damn it.

    >But you'd never consider having one as a constant companion. I
    >give my Mercs better gear than myself sometimes.

    Mine are too weak to wear it. So I have it in my stash waiting
    futilely for -requirements runes.

    >If I thought they were
    >just going to walk off with my stuff if they weren't getting paid enough, I
    >wouldn't do it.

    I'd just make sure they got paid. By killing guys.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

    Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:18:02 +1100 -
    there was this guy, or something, called "Mark O'Connor"
    <waratah@acay.com.au>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
    following stuff:

    >> >Jeez, that's kinda harsh...
    >>
    >> Newcastle?
    >
    >I will take that as a personal insult!

    So, are you from Adelaide or Newcastle?

    *grin*

    C&J

    --

    > Once upon a time - for example, Tue, 11 Jan 2005 13:18:02 +1100 -
    > there was this guy, or something, called "Mark O'Connor"
    > <waratah@acay.com.au>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
    > following stuff:

    > >> Newcastle?
    > >
    > >I will take that as a personal insult!
    >
    > So, are you from Adelaide or Newcastle?
    >
    > *grin*

    Newcastle - it has changed a lot in the last 10 years (for the better).
    Mark

    Once upon a time - for example, Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:35:04 +1100 -
    there was this guy, or something, called "Mark O'Connor"
    <waratah@acay.com.au>, and they made us all feel better by saying the
    following stuff:

    >> >I will take that as a personal insult!
    >>
    >> So, are you from Adelaide or Newcastle?
    >>
    >> *grin*
    >
    >Newcastle - it has changed a lot in the last 10 years (for the better).

    I was last there in, hmm ... 98? 99? I thought it was okay. I was just
    generally teasing. Nice all-you-can eat place, as I recall. Didn't get
    to the end of the tables.

    C&J

    --
    Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads.

    - 13 & 13b of 12, the CMM Collective.
    - www.afrj-monkeyhouse.org

Video Games