wireless network not autoconnecting

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Here is my problem,
I'm using a D-Link dwl-G520 wireless adapter with a DI-624 wireless router
on a cable modem connection. Whenever I boot my PC, my wireless adapter
automatically finds my routers connection and indicates for example a 90%
signal strenght. However my internet connection on the other hand is not
discovered. If I open a webpage, I get the no connection blank page. How do
I make my internet connection be automatically connected on bootup.
Right now, To connect to the internet, I need to make my wireless adapter do
a rescan of my network to find the router again and then after rediscovering
the router, it connects to the internet. Any guess on how to make this all
much simplier? I would like to boot up and be online without doing anything.
Thanks all, any suggestions will be tried and are welcomed.

"Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote in

> Here is my problem,
> I'm using a D-Link dwl-G520 wireless adapter with a DI-624 wireless
> router on a cable modem connection. Whenever I boot my PC, my wireless
> adapter automatically finds my routers connection and indicates for
> example a 90% signal strenght. However my internet connection on the
> other hand is not discovered. If I open a webpage, I get the no
> connection blank page. How do I make my internet connection be
> automatically connected on bootup. Right now, To connect to the
> internet, I need to make my wireless adapter do a rescan of my network
> to find the router again and then after rediscovering the router, it
> connects to the internet. Any guess on how to make this all much
> simplier? I would like to boot up and be online without doing
> anything. Thanks all, any suggestions will be tried and are welcomed.

I suggest you get on the phone with D-Link Tech Support as they should be
able to help you quickly.

Duane :)

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Do you have SSID broadcasting turned on in your D-Link wireless router? If
not turn it on and see if this helps.

"Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Here is my problem,
> I'm using a D-Link dwl-G520 wireless adapter with a DI-624 wireless router
> on a cable modem connection. Whenever I boot my PC, my wireless adapter
> automatically finds my routers connection and indicates for example a 90%
> signal strenght. However my internet connection on the other hand is not
> discovered. If I open a webpage, I get the no connection blank page. How
do
> I make my internet connection be automatically connected on bootup.
> Right now, To connect to the internet, I need to make my wireless adapter
do
> a rescan of my network to find the router again and then after
rediscovering
> the router, it connects to the internet. Any guess on how to make this all
> much simplier? I would like to boot up and be online without doing
anything.
> Thanks all, any suggestions will be tried and are welcomed.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks Chris, however, it had no effect unfortunately when being turned on.
Any other suggestions welcomed

"Chris" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> Do you have SSID broadcasting turned on in your D-Link wireless router?
If
> not turn it on and see if this helps.
>
> "Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Here is my problem,
> > I'm using a D-Link dwl-G520 wireless adapter with a DI-624 wireless
router
> > on a cable modem connection. Whenever I boot my PC, my wireless adapter
> > automatically finds my routers connection and indicates for example a
90%
> > signal strenght. However my internet connection on the other hand is not
> > discovered. If I open a webpage, I get the no connection blank page. How
> do
> > I make my internet connection be automatically connected on bootup.
> > Right now, To connect to the internet, I need to make my wireless
adapter
> do
> > a rescan of my network to find the router again and then after
> rediscovering
> > the router, it connects to the internet. Any guess on how to make this
all
> > much simplier? I would like to boot up and be online without doing
> anything.
> > Thanks all, any suggestions will be tried and are welcomed.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Maybe, is DHCP enabled to assign IP addresses

> Thanks Chris, however, it had no effect unfortunately when being turned
on.
> Any other suggestions welcomed
>
> "Chris" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > Do you have SSID broadcasting turned on in your D-Link wireless router?
> If
> > not turn it on and see if this helps.
> >
> > "Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Here is my problem,
> > > I'm using a D-Link dwl-G520 wireless adapter with a DI-624 wireless
> router
> > > on a cable modem connection. Whenever I boot my PC, my wireless
adapter
> > > automatically finds my routers connection and indicates for example a
> 90%
> > > signal strenght. However my internet connection on the other hand is
not
> > > discovered. If I open a webpage, I get the no connection blank page.
How
> > do
> > > I make my internet connection be automatically connected on bootup.
> > > Right now, To connect to the internet, I need to make my wireless
> adapter
> > do
> > > a rescan of my network to find the router again and then after
> > rediscovering
> > > the router, it connects to the internet. Any guess on how to make this
> all
> > > much simplier? I would like to boot up and be online without doing
> > anything.
> > > Thanks all, any suggestions will be tried and are welcomed.

Type IPCONFIG from a DOS prompt and see what address you get. If it
is something to the effect of 169.254.X.X then you have a
misconfiguration. At that point, type IPCONFIG /RELEASE. After it is
released, type IPCONFIG /RENEW. In the meantime, make sure the SSID,
Encryption keys (if enabled) are exactly the same on the router and
the card. Also, go to the router's menu and see if you've enable MAC
address filtering and forgot to type in your card's MAC address. Take
care.

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 20:26:09 -0400, "Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Here is my problem,
>I'm using a D-Link dwl-G520 wireless adapter with a DI-624 wireless router
>on a cable modem connection. Whenever I boot my PC, my wireless adapter
>automatically finds my routers connection and indicates for example a 90%
>signal strenght. However my internet connection on the other hand is not
>discovered. If I open a webpage, I get the no connection blank page. How do
>I make my internet connection be automatically connected on bootup.
>Right now, To connect to the internet, I need to make my wireless adapter do
>a rescan of my network to find the router again and then after rediscovering
>the router, it connects to the internet. Any guess on how to make this all
>much simplier? I would like to boot up and be online without doing anything.
>Thanks all, any suggestions will be tried and are welcomed.

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I've tried Static and dynamic DHCP, no differences. I've also read on some
forums that I appear to not be the only one with this problem. However, no
where have I yet found an answer. Still searching
thanks

> Maybe, is DHCP enabled to assign IP addresses
>
> "Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks Chris, however, it had no effect unfortunately when being turned
> on.
> > Any other suggestions welcomed
> >
> > "Chris" <nomail@nomail.com> wrote in message
> > > Do you have SSID broadcasting turned on in your D-Link wireless
router?
> > If
> > > not turn it on and see if this helps.
> > >
> > > "Frank" <frank@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > router
> adapter
> > 90%
> not
> How
> > > do
> > adapter
> > > do
> > > rediscovering
> > all
> > > anything.

Unfortunately, this is a problem industry wide with 802.11g products.
Hopefully there will be firmware and or driver updates when the industry has
ironed this out.