_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
I've got a CD-RW and a DVD-RW installed but I can only enable one of them for recording to disk at a time.

Click on My Computer, then select an RW drive then Properties. In the dialog window that comes up there is a "Recording" tab. Under this tab is the option to enable writing to CD. Whenever I enable one of the two writers, the other is automatically disabled.
This happens in both instances of XP I have installed which is why I think it may be an XP peculiarity.

Anyone run into this before and more importantly, is there a work-around to enable both drives to record?

XP-Pro
ASUS P4PE
P4 2.66 (no HT)
Leadtek GF4 Ti 4400
2x512 crucial PC2700 RAM
4xWD 40Gb drives
Promise Ultra TX2 IDE controller < HDD & DVD-ROM
Lite On 451s DVD-RW
Lite On LTR-52246s CD-RW

....WW (4.0)

jihiggs

Splendid
Oct 11, 2001
you mean record different things to each drive? or the same thing to each drive? nero should be able to do the latter with no problem, i can see you haveing problems if you are using two programs at the same time.

wpdclan.com cs game server - 64.246.52.144:27015
now featuring valve security module!

_WW_

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2002
They are on separate IDE channels. I'm not concerned with writing to both of them at the same time, although that might be kinda neat, but would just like to have them both enabled all the time so I don't have to check their properties to see which one is enabled when I want to burn something.

It just seems weird that XP won't allow them both to be enabled simultaneously.

....WW (4.0)