xp-system configuration utility

July 8, 2004 12:31:48 PM

I posted a question previously on how to get rid of path
ways in the system configuration utility.I went into
system regedit.exe and got them deleted there. but i have
another question. Is there anyway possible to delete
these paths manually what i mean is to take them out of
system configuration utility altogether and not showing
up?

any help would be appreciated.

best regards
Frustrated.
Anonymous
July 9, 2004 1:11:49 AM

The unchecked [disabled] items in MSCONFIG are moved here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg]

You may either delete the keys manually, or download a fix from Kelly's site:

Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup [Tip 148]

Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"Frustrateddotcom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2932801c46500$af4c8710$a401280a@phx.gbl...
I posted a question previously on how to get rid of path
ways in the system configuration utility.I went into
system regedit.exe and got them deleted there. but i have
another question. Is there anyway possible to delete
these paths manually what i mean is to take them out of
system configuration utility altogether and not showing
up?

any help would be appreciated.

best regards
Frustrated.
December 7, 2012 6:36:10 AM

in cmd type regedit>
go to the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
and delete unwanted keys
Binosh
!