xp-system configuration utility

I posted a question previously on how to get rid of path
ways in the system configuration utility.I went into
system regedit.exe and got them deleted there. but i have
another question. Is there anyway possible to delete
these paths manually what i mean is to take them out of
system configuration utility altogether and not showing
up?

any help would be appreciated.

best regards
Frustrated.
2 answers Last reply
More about system configuration utility

    The unchecked [disabled] items in MSCONFIG are moved here:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg]

    You may either delete the keys manually, or download a fix from Kelly's site:

    Clear Disabled Items from Msconfig Startup [Tip 148]

    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Frustrateddotcom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2932801c46500$af4c8710$a401280a@phx.gbl...
    I posted a question previously on how to get rid of path
    ways in the system configuration utility.I went into
    system regedit.exe and got them deleted there. but i have
    another question. Is there anyway possible to delete
    these paths manually what i mean is to take them out of
    system configuration utility altogether and not showing
    up?

    any help would be appreciated.

    best regards
    Frustrated.
  2. in cmd type regedit>
    go to the tree HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg
    and delete unwanted keys
    Binosh

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP