Mr_Ath

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
To all those computer geeks out there like me. I am in a little bind here and could use some GOOD advise. I currently have a Athlon1800Xp /Asus A7v266 Mombo / G-Force 3 Asus 8200 / 768Mb DDR2100 Genuine Kingston / 40Gb Maxtor 133/7500 HD / Creative Labs Soundblaster Audigy MP3 / Plextor 24x Burner / Sony DVD rom and so on i think you got the picture now. I want to upgrade my system, what do you think i should do?? I was thinking that i should get a new Nforce2 Mombo with 1Gb DDR400 / ATI RADEON9700Pro and keep all my other componets. But would i acutally see that big of a diffrence for the dollar that i have to put out?? Or should i just get the New Radeon9700Pro and wait till the Hammer comes out later this fall??
Let me know what you guys think, i admite in the past i have been kinda impulsive and bought things that i did not require or if i would of waiting longer i would of spent my money on something a little better. Example R300 or NV30.
Well thanks for your time.
QUOTE: United we stand Divided we fall!!
Mr_Athlon

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
Yea I'd seriously wait until the Hammer comes out, prolly more around x-mas though. That way the 9700's will have been out and maybe had a price-drop and also it's possible nvidia will bless us with their next card based on the nv30 around x0mas as well. That way, depending on what card performs best you can get it, as well the price war will be lovly.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

Oracle

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2002
Maybe just a mobo change. The rest is fine until Christmas.

<font color=red>A platform is not an oil rig.</font color=red>

Wait for opteron. You're system is plenty fast. I always sell my old rig in the paper before upgrading, and add $150-200 more for my next system. That way I feel I'm getting a brand new unit, and haven't wasted any money.