URGENT - PLEASE HELP!

berbo

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
Hi, I have problem using the AGP slot in my SiS 730S-chipset motherboard. I cannot use the AGP slot instead of the default onboard AGP since I don't find a "AGP VGA Selection" in its bios but the manual shows that there is such option. If I need to download a new version of Bios, where I can download it? There is no web site address on my manual. How do I install it into Bios? Please help! Thank you.

If you actually have an AGP slot on the M/B there should either be an option in the CMOS setup to disable onboard video, or a jumper on the M/B,that you can set to disable the onboard video and enable the AGP slot. Post the M/B manufacturer and model number if this doesn't lead to solving your problem.

berbo

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
MA-MS730B

It might automatically switch to AGP slot by auto-detecting an AGP card. Maybe there is a conflict between the motherboard and the brand of my AGP card.

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
Did you clear the CMOS after the installation of the video card?

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

berbo

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
No, as I said, the manual only says that there is an "AGP VGA Selection" option in the Cmos but I find everything exactly the same as what the manual says except "AGP VGA Selection". And there is no jumper for AGP switch on the motherboard. Strange.

CMRvet

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2001
After a clear (reset)of the CMOS, the motherboard should detect every card installed on it as the first day installation. Sometimes it works.

<b>(<font color=yellow>as good as it looks</font color=yellow>)</b>

berbo

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
I have already reset the Cmos but the problem still exists. I have contacted the retailer where I bought my motherboard and they said that such problem exists because of the imcompatible brand of the AGP card.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
I've had boards where it automatically detected the card and switched from onboard to AGP slot video.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

tilepusher

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2001
Hey B,

Not that I will be of any help, but could you list the mobo brand & model.........& bios/version if you can read it. Also the brand & name of this video card in question.

It is very helpful to tell you where to look for as far as Driver/Bios updates. If you know your Bios chip maker, you can go to that website & look for your mobo and read the Bios flashing instructions. Good Luck

Peace Out...............tile

god knows your entire system setup & he would answer your questions if he could just stop laughing