Sign in with
Your question

GDC 2007: Microsoft Games Preview

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2007 3:43:46 PM

Microsoft previewed a handful of upcoming titles for the Xbox 360 and the PC, including Lionhead Studios' sequel Fable 2, BioWare's sci-fi shooter Mass Effect, and Funcom's MMORPG Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures.
March 7, 2007 5:02:39 PM

Mmmm...Mass Effect.

Mmmm..."Jack Bauer in space."
March 7, 2007 5:37:10 PM

Quote:
Mmmm...Mass Effect.

Mmmm..."Jack Bauer in space."

lol. I'm intrigued by the story, i'm a sucker for space and robots (replicators, asurans :p  ..)

PS. What happened to your avatar, it's freaking me out!
Related resources
March 7, 2007 7:59:50 PM

:lol:  Too much?

I got turned into a tennis ball in another section. lvdax made the avatar for me. Who am I to decline charity? Don't worry, it shouldn't last long. Though it'll be shorter with more complaints.

Forget about me, back to the games:

Fable 2 will be good.
Mass Effect will be great.
Age of Conan will be. (Sorry, I don't know enough about it to make a judgement call.)
March 8, 2007 6:04:14 AM

Mmmm.. Faaable.
I hope the end game turns out good and not a massive disappointment cause I really liked the first game, apparently game developers have not learned from the "hot coffee" controversy and now grandmothers everywhere are queuing up to buy this game for their 11-12 year old grand children.
March 9, 2007 5:28:35 AM

Quote:
Mmmm.. Faaable.
I hope the end game turns out good and not a massive disappointment cause I really liked the first game, apparently game developers have not learned from the "hot coffee" controversy and now grandmothers everywhere are queuing up to buy this game for their 11-12 year old grand children.

they have, lots of publicity and extra sales for very little cost mmm.
March 9, 2007 11:03:28 AM

But then again you realise that with all the legal experience grand ma's have they might sue the pants off lion heart
March 12, 2007 1:34:06 AM

does anyone know if upcoming games for windows also can be used under xp --- or are they just for vista ----my system is xp currently and would like to stick with xp until all the bugs are worked out of vista.
March 12, 2007 9:40:08 AM

No body is going to shoot themselves in the foot and release a vista only game anytime soon considering the installation base of XP. Even the directX 10 titles coming out later this year have support for directX 9. It will take a couple of years (maybe more) for developers to drop support for DirectX 9.
!