lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

i opened up my user accounts window earlyer and to see
that the little pics where missing, they were replaced
with the blank boxes with the red x in the corner.. can
anyone help? tis such a small problems but theses are the
kinda things that inoy the hell out of me.. please help.

Hi Lewis,

Where does the Red X appear, in place of the user account pictures or in the left pane - menu icons?

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

"Lewis" <Lewisbraid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:295c301c46520$a02c1960$a401280a@phx.gbl...
i opened up my user accounts window earlyer and to see
that the little pics where missing, they were replaced
with the blank boxes with the red x in the corner.. can
anyone help? tis such a small problems but theses are the
kinda things that inoy the hell out of me.. please help.

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

in place of the user pictures.

This command might help you:

Click Start/Run and type regsvr32 shimgvw

--

"Lewis" <lewisbraid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2a5df01c465b3$451fcd80$a301280a@phx.gbl...
in place of the user pictures.

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

done what you said, but nothing happend..

regsvr32 mshtml

Restart windows. This fixes another possibility which I'm thinking of. Otherwise, send a screenshot

--

"lewis" <lewisbraid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2973c01c465e9$15723c90$a601280a@phx.gbl...
done what you said, but nothing happend..

The user account pics are displaying fine (that's why I asked if it is user account pics or the pics in the help menu in the left pane). See here: http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k/redxaccounts.htm

Have you tried regsvr32 /i mshtml? with the /i parameter

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

The Parasite Fight:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

"Lewis" <lewisbraid@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:2ad5801c46658$551f0cf0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
i tried that but nothing changed still.

got a url to the screenshot of my problem;
http://uk.geocities.com/lewisbraid/screenshot.gif

btw, thanks for helping me.

regsvr32 /i mshtml - just done this, and it worked,
thanks v.much for the help.

You're welcome.

>> i tried that but nothing changed still.
huh?

--

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5c701c46678$014c68f0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
regsvr32 /i mshtml - just done this, and it worked,
thanks v.much for the help.

Lewis, Any idea what has caused this problem? Recent software addition/registry cleaning etc?

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

The Parasite Fight:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

"Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message news:e9bgklnZEHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
You're welcome.

>> i tried that but nothing changed still.
huh?

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

The Parasite Fight:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.php

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a5c701c46678$014c68f0$a401280a@phx.gbl...
regsvr32 /i mshtml - just done this, and it worked,
thanks v.much for the help.

lewis

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2003

Not really sure, can't really say what the last thing was
I installed before this problem appeared, as I don't use
accounts section on a regular bases. But I have tried to
keep on top of doing windows updates lately and I think
the latest update I did was the driver for my Ati-Radeon
graphics card. But don't really see how that would affect
the registry in that way. So I don't really have any
idea, and your guess is as good as mine.

Thanks, Lewis.