PC startsup by itself from complete powerdown (WOL ???)

I am having problems with my IBM thinkcentre 8433 . It seems to turn on by itself without anyone doing anything sometimes hours after shutdown. I updated the BIO's with a new flash (2ajt40a) and check to see if anything was scheduled . NOTHING!!! I turned off power management in BIO's and it still does it . I am @ the point I have removed any USB hardware and waiting to see what happens. Event viewer is no help ANY !!!! Help would be great.
4 answers Last reply
More about startsup complete powerdown

    Hi,

    Check the BIOS advanced options for "wake on...." features.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I am having problems with my IBM thinkcentre 8433 . It seems to turn on by
    itself without anyone doing anything sometimes hours after shutdown. I
    updated the BIO's with a new flash (2ajt40a) and check to see if anything
    was scheduled . NOTHING!!! I turned off power management in BIO's and it
    still does it . I am @ the point I have removed any USB hardware and waiting
    to see what happens. Event viewer is no help ANY !!!! Help would be great.

    Thanks Rick . That was the first thing I checked and in my BIO's all I have is Power Managment . I don't see any wake on settings in the BIO's. I disconnected all the hardware thats USB and waiting. I have a Logitec 3d pro joystick , Microsoft optic mouse , My 2wire DLS Gateway/Modem is hooked up USB . I removed ALL USB hookups and some software that I just installed . I just installed FS2004 ( have not removed that yet ) But I did remove the ZONE ( online gaming community ) group I was in . What a cramp this is becoming . I have reinstalled drivers , no virus found. I'm sure its a setting someplace.

    "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Check the BIOS advanced options for "wake on...." features.
    >
    > --
    > Best of Luck,

    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    >
    > "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > I am having problems with my IBM thinkcentre 8433 . It seems to turn on by
    > itself without anyone doing anything sometimes hours after shutdown. I
    > updated the BIO's with a new flash (2ajt40a) and check to see if anything
    > was scheduled . NOTHING!!! I turned off power management in BIO's and it
    > still does it . I am @ the point I have removed any USB hardware and waiting
    > to see what happens. Event viewer is no help ANY !!!! Help would be great.

    Remove your modem line and let it sit. If it does not come on recheck in your
    BIOS.
    > Thanks Rick . That was the first thing I checked and in my BIO's all I have
    is Power Managment . I don't see any wake on settings in the BIO's. I
    disconnected all the hardware thats USB and waiting. I have a Logitec 3d pro
    joystick , Microsoft optic mouse , My 2wire DLS Gateway/Modem is hooked up USB
    .. I removed ALL USB hookups and some software that I just installed . I just
    installed FS2004 ( have not removed that yet ) But I did remove the ZONE (
    online gaming community ) group I was in . What a cramp this is becoming . I
    have reinstalled drivers , no virus found. I'm sure its a setting someplace.

    > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Check the BIOS advanced options for "wake on...." features.
    > >
    > > --
    > > Best of Luck,

    > > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    > > Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
    > > www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    > > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
    > >
    > > "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > I am having problems with my IBM thinkcentre 8433 . It seems to turn on
    by
    > > itself without anyone doing anything sometimes hours after shutdown. I
    > > updated the BIO's with a new flash (2ajt40a) and check to see if anything
    > > was scheduled . NOTHING!!! I turned off power management in BIO's and it
    > > still does it . I am @ the point I have removed any USB hardware and
    waiting
    > > to see what happens. Event viewer is no help ANY !!!! Help would be great.

    Just unplug the pc heheheheeh
    "Jeff" wrote:

    > I am having problems with my IBM thinkcentre 8433 . It seems to turn on by itself without anyone doing anything sometimes hours after shutdown. I updated the BIO's with a new flash (2ajt40a) and check to see if anything was scheduled . NOTHING!!! I turned off power management in BIO's and it still does it . I am @ the point I have removed any USB hardware and waiting to see what happens. Event viewer is no help ANY !!!! Help would be great.

Windows XP