HP VECTRA VEi8 BIOS Update

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc,alive.computers.hardware.systems.hp (More info?)

Dear All,

HP have descontinued this model and ended the supply of new bios for it...

I'm looking for a new and guaranteed bios that could put this computer
runing 80GB HD.

If there is anyone who have or now from where I can get such bios, please
reply.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Fernando Sousa

Archived from groups: comp.sys.hp.hardware,comp.sys.hp.misc,alive.computers.hardware.systems.hp (More info?)

Your best choice is to add a 3rd party PCI card with its own hard disk BIOS.
Promise is the best known brand. SIIG still makes these cards. There are other
brands, too.

If HP does not supply a BIOS update, then it is extremely likely nobody else has
done so either... Ben Myers