MSI 645E Max2 Vs. Abit SR7-8x Vs. Asus P4S533

cesario38

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2002
After doing intensive researches for the pass two weeks, I have nailed down to these three motherboards.
First off, does the US even have retailers carrying the MSI board yet? I have been looking forever and still can't find a place to buy. But if the MSI board really do outperform or really have a better edge then the other two, let me know and I will ask my sister in Hong Kong to mail me one..hehe..nice to have someone live far east.
anyway, so second question is about the chipset sis648 and the sis645DX. I have heard real good reviews for both, kinda hard to decide between them.. ok.. can someone help me out here?

for your record if u care to reply, i am building a machine that the motherboard can stick around for a while, so the ability to accept the DDR333 or even 400 will be great. I will be working with with a P4 northwood 400mb(FSB)1.8GzhA processor with this new board.. thanks all

Shopping for Processors and Motherboard = headache, bah...

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
The MSI 645E is indeed available in the US. I would wait for the 648 based boards to come out, however. Serial ATA, USB 2.0, DDR400, AGP 8X...should be sweet.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.