Sign in with
Your question

supreme Commander using only 1 core???

Last response: in Video Games
March 9, 2007 11:06:29 PM

Today after I installed the first time supreme commander and tried it out on the first level I was getting about 60fps on average, I had planned to make a clean installation today and so I did (thought i'd yield even better results aswell), to my surprise I've formatted and installed windows XP twice and Vista once and on XP I keep getting the same results now (about 30-40fps), so I opened task manager and found out that only Core#1 was in use, on vista on the other hand it worked just fine (as far as the use of both cores, but I have a series of issues with vista drivers so that's not a viable option for the time being).

I just reinstalled XP and keep getting the same results as before (using only one core), and the only things I have installed are the motherboard drivers and both service packs.

I do recall installing a microsoft dual-core patch before (that was on my original installation) and changing something in the registry from a guide in gamespot, and I tried redoing what the guide said but it didn't work.

Anyone got any ideas?

CPU = C2D E6400 (never overclocked)

More about : supreme commander core

March 10, 2007 1:42:46 PM

Yeah I tried that last night on a desperate attempt, didn't work
Related resources
March 10, 2007 2:58:15 PM

Well you can always try and uninstall that patch and give the game a try because i have heard mixed opinions about tha patch, for some people it did the opposite. Disabled the 2nd core instead of enable it.
March 10, 2007 6:41:36 PM

okay... ill try

EDIT: May sound stupid... but how do I uninstall it? I can't find it anywhere on Add/Remove programs list.
March 11, 2007 12:28:45 AM

On the top of the list you should have a button to show software updates.
Than it will show all the microsoft updates and you uninstall them.
March 12, 2007 9:56:28 AM

Did you look on the GPG's forums? There's a thread about dual cores...
April 25, 2008 5:57:11 AM

Hey guys!

I'm having the same kind of problem, though a bit different.

Running SupCom on a quad core, and to begin with, it worked fine! No lag ever, at all. Now I'm playing it, and it's only using 1 core, and lagging to hell and back. It will go for a few minutes working fine, then my core will spike to 100% usage for 20-30 seconds (Sometimes more) And then back down to playing smoothly. It's so weird! Anyone else having this issue and/or know of a solution?

eVGA 680i
Intel Q6600 @ 2.4
2 gigs of 4-4-4-12 timing RAM (Forget the brand)
eVGA GeForce 8800GT
!