ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC_--Motherboard P4S133-VM

omeryounos

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
Which is the highest processor this m/b supports.Currently i m using a p4 1.7 ghz.It has sis 650 chipset + FSb (100-160 mhz)in one mhz step.
thanx

nja469

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2002
The ASUS site says 2.2GHz and beyond, yet looking at BIOS updates I didn't notice any updates for faster chips, so safely I'd say 2.2G.

"Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one"

omeryounos

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
i ve another problem that when i install the creative vinra128 in last pci slot my m/b doesn't boot.Although its irq in bios is set to auto.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
According to the <A HREF="http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socket478/p4s133-vm/jumper.htm" target="_new">Jumper Page</A> it can support a 133MHz FSB for the CPU. Now, that means it can support ALL Socket 478 CPU's. The fastest available right now is the Pentium 4 2.8GHz. At 2.8GHz, it should be able to compete with the 1533MHz Athlon XP 1800+ quite nicely. You see, SDRAM handicaps the P4 by about 30% in performance for the slower processors, and the faster the CPU, the bigger the handicap, I'm guessing 40% for the 2800+. So by getting a $600 processor, you'll finally be able to keep up with a $200 mobo/CPU/DDR combo!

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

omeryounos

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2001
i ve another problem that i ve installed Lan card in 1st pci , modem 56 k in 2nd pci but when i install the creative vibra128 in last pci slot(3rd) my m/b doesn't boot.Although its irq in bios is set to auto.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Er, by first slot do you mean the one below AGP? You really shouldn't use that slot on any board.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
So by getting a $600 processor, you'll finally be able to keep up with a $200 mobo/CPU/DDR combo!
ROFLMAO! I'm gonna have to sleep that one off.

To start press any key. Where's the "any" key? --Homer Simpson.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Read the signature of the week, I'd feel sorry for people who fell into the P4/SDRAM scam, but...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That one normally shares an IRQ with the AGP slot, which can cause configuration problems.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Try moving all your cards to different slots and leaving PCI 1 open.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Hmm, that's why a hate boards that don't have all 6 PCI slots. Anyway, did you try turning PNP OS to NO in BOIS? That turns ON the BIOS configuration for PNP cards.