Wireless-G PCI Adapter with WPA

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 1, 2004 3:15:46 AM

I have a network at home that consists of hardwired connections for
the desktops and wireless for our notebooks. I need to add an
additional desktop and I don't want to run a CAT5 cable to it
location.

Does anyone make a Wireless-G PCI adapter that supports WPA-PSK? This
has not been a problem for our notebooks. The IBM and Compaq notebooks
use a Linksys network cards that support WPA as does my new Dell
notebook that has a built-in wireless card.

TIA
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 5, 2004 9:39:00 PM

DLink has some:

DWL-520 (Rev E) driver vers. 3.00.08 or higher
DWL-G520 (Rev A) 2.36 or higher
DWL-G520 (Rev B) 3.00 or higher

DWL-AG520 3.16 or higher
DWL-AG530 1.00 or higher

Hope that helps.

"Ajax" <nospam@nospam.net> wrote in message

> I have a network at home that consists of hardwired connections for
> the desktops and wireless for our notebooks. I need to add an
> additional desktop and I don't want to run a CAT5 cable to it
> location.
>
> Does anyone make a Wireless-G PCI adapter that supports WPA-PSK? This
> has not been a problem for our notebooks. The IBM and Compaq notebooks
> use a Linksys network cards that support WPA as does my new Dell
> notebook that has a built-in wireless card.
>
> TIA
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
August 8, 2004 2:16:21 AM

On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 23:15:46 -0400, Ajax <nospam@nospam.net> wrote:

> I have a network at home that consists of hardwired connections for
>the desktops and wireless for our notebooks. I need to add an
>additional desktop and I don't want to run a CAT5 cable to it
>location.
>
> Does anyone make a Wireless-G PCI adapter that supports WPA-PSK? This
>has not been a problem for our notebooks. The IBM and Compaq notebooks
>use a Linksys network cards that support WPA as does my new Dell
>notebook that has a built-in wireless card.
>
> TIA

Ajax;

There are quite a few. One is ZyXel. Also, you could consider a USB
wireless adapter which would provide future flexibility if/when ever
needed.

Bob
!