GA-8IHXP usb problems

Monjardin

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2002
Has anyone tried getting the USB ports to work on this thing. I'm beginning to think I got a bad board, but I can't tell. I got on the gigabyte web site and found that I needed to flash the bios so the ICH4 usb controller drivers would work. I did that and no problems. I plugged in a USB 2.0 CD-RW and it picked it right up. HOWEVER, nothing else will work. Specifically, logitech mice and game controllers. Will this board only work with new USB 2.0 devices and not support older ones?
This has been a long dissapointing process and I'm about ready to give up. I really like the board, but I don't want a board with 10 usb ports if none of them will work right. AARGH!

Thanks for any advice

Edit: Let me know if you have this board and are problem free as well.<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by monjardin on 08/16/02 05:17 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
If you connected the extra USB headers to USB brackets, you may have done it backwards. This would be a very bad thing.

<font color=blue>You're posting in a forum with class. It may be third class, but it's still class!</font color=blue>