user accounts

dippy

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

Every time i switch my laptop on its asks me to select
user, i only have one user. now i can't get into user
accounts to change this. when i click on the icon it does
nothing. i have had a virus but i have deleted all
infected files. can anyone suggest what i can do.

"dippy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Every time i switch my laptop on its asks me to select
>user, i only have one user. now i can't get into user
>accounts to change this.

See "How to Configure Windows XP to Automatically Log On a User
Account" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282866).

--
(tm)

pixel

Does anyone know how to remove an "Admin" account? I have 2 on my Windows XP Pro system, and I only need one. Can anyone help me?

"Pixel" <Pixel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to remove an "Admin" account? I have 2 on my Windows XP Pro system, and I only need one. Can anyone help me?

You can do this from another account with Admin rights. Delete the
account from the Control Panel > User accounts.

--
(tm)